62- Silver Rains

After having lunch, Yara had gone back to the pack house for some work and also to personally invite the leaders and Vivaan for dinner.

Hritika was making a list for what all to make at dinner while Nihal was going through the messages he had received from his personal assistant.

"Hritika, do you know about cloud seeding? Apparently, something has gone wrong with it and all the employees are asking for a holiday, in case it rains there," Nihal asked, simultaneously googling the news.

"Cloud seeding? As far as I know it is done for bringing artificial rains in the drought areas. Silver iodide particles are sent towards the clouds through special aircraft or dispersion devices on the ground. But why does our employees need a holiday because of it? Check the news," Hritika replied, putting aside her list for now.

"Something went wrong and clouds have travelled somewhere else. So now instead of the desired area, it can rain anywhere. Because of the error, there's a chance that along with water, silver particles will also fall down. Hence, employees are asking for a leave as they want to be safe inside their houses," Nihal answered while checking the news and messages from his P.A simultaneously.

Hritika took out her mobile to check too and then rolled her eyes when she read another article. She forwarded her mobile towards Nihal for him to see that article too.

"As silver would be mixed with water, there's a higher chance that it would be diluted and won't cause much harm to humans. As long as they avoid extreme exposure to it, everyone would be just fine." Nihal read out loud.

"These guys just need an excuse to ask for a leave." Hritika huffed, referring to the employees.

Nihal chuckled and typed the message to his P.A.

"No one is going to get a leave. Ask everyone to have an umbrella or windcheater with them as an precautionary measure."

"Done," Nihal stated as he put down his mobile and started helping Hritika for dinner preparations.

                           ★★★★★

Almost all the work at the pack was done and now Yara was preparing to take a leave but not before personally inviting the leaders for dinner. She called her mom and Vivaan to meet at Alpha's office as everyone else was already there working on some matters of the pack.

"We all would really like if you all could come at our new home for dinner tonight." Yara courteously invited them on behalf of all three of them.

"I have some work so..." Gamma started but changed his words after receiving a glare from Alpha.

"Sure, why not. Work can be done later." Gamma changed his words after gulping a bit.

Luna accepted the invitation graciously as the mother of the pack and even as Yara's aunt. In this month, she had already got in terms with the fact that the humans were going to be a part of their lives. Moreover, it wasn't their mistake that her mate was a loser. Although their presence still added salt to her wounds, she had learned to live with it. "We all would love to join in the celebration of your new journey."

Before Yara could thank them, the telephone in the office rang.

Everyone stood quietly as Alpha talked on the phone. Alpha's face had gone pale after hearing whatever was said from the other side, worrying everyone present inside the office.

"O..okay. Thank you for informing." Alpha hanged up the call with a slight falter.

"Alpha of peaceful pack was on the other line. It's raining silver on the nearby packs. We need to be alert." Alpha gave out the dreaded news.

"How can it rain Silver?" Beta asked the question that was running in everyone's mind.

"That's not important. We need to hurry. I had already seen the sky darken during lunch. There's a higher chance that it would rain here." Yara interjected when Alpha was going to answer Beta's question.

"I will call the Omega representative in the town to alert them, whilst you can inform the pack members to stay inside their houses," Luna told to no one in particular and immediately mind-linked the representative.

Not even a few seconds were passed, when they heard a loud thunder followed by the downpour.

Everyone cursed under their breaths. Seeing that there was no chance for anybody reaching their homes at this rate, Vivaan again mind-linked the pack members to not follow Alpha's orders of returning home.

"Please go and find shelters nearby. Pack members, please open up your houses for other members who are away from their home," Vivaan announced.

"Yara, please call Nihal or Hritika and inform them about the situation. Request them to allow the pack members to take shelter at your home," Luna said, getting into action.

Suddenly, everyone had to clutch their head in pain as they received multiple mind-links from worried pack members, followed by yelps and groans of the wolves that got in contact with silver.