19.| ʜᴀᴘᴘɪʟʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER NINETEEN.
   [19]. Happily Ever After.
   [PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

gif not available

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴅᴀᴅ
ᴅɪᴇ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE THING ABOUT TIME travel is that it's not what you expect. In every movie, any show, time travel is shown differently. You're gone for a month, you miss a month in your normal timeline. But what Tony Stark created was— different. Because the same time Natasha left, it was the same time she came back.

A loud gasp was heard, Natasha fell to her knees. Tears still in her eyes.

"Natasha! Are you okay?" Bruce shouts as he runs up to the child and helps her from the ground.

Natasha nods. "I-It worked. I saw him."

Bruce sighs in relief. "That's good to hear. B-but i've got some bad news—"

"I thought I told you not to go," Wanda says, looking directly at her child.

Natasha looks down.

"Let's go." Wanda coldly says she walks out of the building.

Natasha glances at Bruce before walking away and following behind.

Both Natasha and Wanda got into the car. The familiar scent of their hone hit Natasha. It felt good to be back. But she had already missed her father.

It was obvious Wanda was pissed at Natasha for going against her demands. Especially since the car ride back home was quiet and awkward. Natasha just wanted to hug Wanda. In Wanda's opinion, it's only been ten minutes since she's seen her daughter.

But for Natasha, it felt like forever.

"Can you say something please?" Natasha begs, they walk into the house, the daughter eyes her mother down. Wanda seemed angry by her facial expressions, and Natasha was more than nervous.

Wanda doesn't say a word, she continues to take off her shoes and walk upstairs to her room. Clearly not wanting to hear anything her daughter had to say.

"I saw dad."

That sure as hell for her attention.

Wanda stops in her tracks and turns around to face her. "It worked?"

Natasha slowly nods. "It worked, mom. I- I saw you and dad. I was with you both! And the entire team along with Uncle Bucky."

Wanda stays silent.

"I'm sorry for not listening. But I needed to see him again." Natasha huffs out. "I needed to know everything. And now I do! I know about the parasite and about hydra."

"Your father isn't the monster they think he is."

"I know that... at least now I do."

"Were we okay with you being there?"

"Yes— Uncle Bucky not so much," Natasha says with a small laugh. "But um... I never knew how- how strong your bond with dad was."

Wanda sighs, she takes a seat on the stairs. "I love James. And not because of the parabatai. I've always loved him..."