Don't Try to Please Your Parents

Do not try to please your parents. That's neither your job nor your responsibility.

First, as you may already suspect, you can never totally please your parents. This is not because you are deficient or uncaring in any way. It's because your parents are human, and humans aren't very good at being satisfied, mostly because being truly satisfied with oneself and life and others is a spiritual maneuver, one that requires many years and lots of hard inner work. In fact, it's an endless endeavor, but worth the effort. But most humans don't do it. That likely includes your parents.

Second, you're the one who has to live with the consequences of your choices. Your parents don't. If you want to work in a certain field but your parents want you to work in a different one, well, they're not the ones who'll have to put in the long hours or deal with that bitch from accounting. You will. So choose the crap you're willing to put up with, not the crap others think you should put up with.  In the end,  you will be more content with your life and yourself and have far fewer regrets. And if your parents are even remotely decent human beings (fingers crossed they are), your happiness will make them happy, too.