We are significant and insignificant

Your existence is insignificant. And also, incredibly significant.

Most of the time most of us humans expend massive amounts of energy trying to prove that we matter. All our attempts to get likes or views or whatever happens to constitute popularity and recognition during our current era, all our efforts to amass money and material markers of success, the way we dress, the way we talk, how we act, even who we love – all of it is just us hairless monkeys trying to etch our existence into the stone tablets of history. We want to be known. We want to make a difference. We want to be remembered. It's a common, normal desire.

But...

In this unfathomably enormous universe, each and every one of us isn't even a speck on the dirty ass of a speck. In the grand, eternal swath of time, our lives don't even span the length of a single out breath. Even those who attain great fame and wealth and impact in a particular epoch will one day fall from memory, and no one will really care much that they lived.

But...

In this unfathomably enormous universe, in the grand, eternal swath of time, there will never be another you. Even if there are multiple universes and parallel timelines, atoms will never collect and form a cooperative of cells that's exactly like who you are right now in this moment. You are the only you that will ever be.

So...

Let the length and breadth of time and the universe keep you humble. But also, let your every breath remind you what a singular gem you are.