Chp 22

"It's something magic," Bonnie stated.

"I wouldn't have guessed," Damon sniped. He did not know what had come over him earlier that day, but that shit needed to stop. It was making him look like a helpless kitty. It scared him. How could Tyler take him seriously? He used to be a tiger, and now, at times he imagined - and imagined Tyler thinking he was like a furious hissing tiny kitten swiping his paws at his hand.

"Well," Bonnie said, "I found one passage in Emily's last diary. It says that she threw a spell on you; a spell that could turn you human-like, not human, under certain condition. The spell was made by Tabitha Bennet in the 1300ds. It's one of those karma spells- deepest desire, true love, soul mate, fertility blah blah spells. Emily mentions that she read that Tabitha cast the spell twice to allow a vampire to become human enough to sire a child. Tabitha said it was a fail, but it seems, by Emily's diaries, that the spell takes a few decades to mature, before on the slight off chance that the vampire finds their 'true love' they would be able to," Bonnie made a face, "bear fruits of their love... apparently Katherine's mother was one of those. Though, Katherine was born human, but had a natural disposition for vampirism..."

"So you're saying I could knock a girl up?" Damon asked, peeved.

"Uh..." Bonnie hesitated, "The spell indicated you could... if a girl was the one who activated the spell..."

Damon's brows flew up, "so you're saying I could knock up Tyler?" There werwolf in question didn't even bat a lash at Damon's words.

"Or he you, in theory!" Bonnie added quickly, "But you're male, and the spell has only ever worked with a woman involved, so... I don't know..."

"You don't know?" Damon asked. "God..."

"The spell was not that specific!" Bonnie defended, "Only Tabitha really knows!"

"And Emily - that fucking bitch cursed me!"

"It's not like you didn't deserve being cursed," Bonnie sniped dryly.

Damon was furious, "I've protected the Bennet family for a hundred and forty years!" he yelled, "I'm the only fucking reason you were ever born Bonnie Maria Bennet," he snarled, "And you will find out what this curse does, or mark my words, Emily will find herself one salvatore less to protect you," he paused.

"I can protect myself!" Bonnie snapped back.

Damon shook his head, "Ah, but keep in mind Bonnie, you're not the only Bennet witch I've kept alive. I'm the only one who knows your entire family. You do have many many witchy cousins you know..." he tsked.

"O-k-ey," Tyler said and stood up from his spot on the couch, "That's enough I think -" he glanced at Bonnie, "If you do your brain thing, you will kill him, for real- and I will..." he waved his hands, "Do whatever I can to make your life hell. Then I'll kill you."

Elena blinked at how casual Tyler sounded as he said that.

Stefan injected, "Or we could just not kill anyone. How 'bout that? Sound like a good idea?"

Caroline nodded, "I'm with Stefan," she said, "You okay Damon?"

Tyler turned again to see Damon looking a bit green. "I think I'm gonna throw up..." he mumbled.

Throwing up quickly became a part of Damon's morning routine over the course of the next few weeks.

Tyler rubbed Damon's neck as the older man clung to the porcelain toilet. "This is pretty fucked up," Tyler said,"You're a vampire for fucks sake..." Damon just made a non- committal sound to his lovers musings. "Maybe your stomach isn't used to human food anymore?" he suggested, "I mean, you've been living on a liquid diet of blood and alcohol for a hundred and forty years. I'd imagine it would take some getting justed to."

"You need to go," Damon rasped. It was game-day and the state finals were looming for the Mystic Falls Wolves.

"I don't need the warm-ups Damon," Tyler said, "I wont be injured."

"You're" Damon gagged on his own words as pink liquid poured from his mouth. He coughed to clear his windpipe, "You're the Captain, Ty, and it's the state finals, you have to be there on time."

Tyler just shook his head and pulled the vampire into his lap. Damon felt his stomach settle as his lovers testosterone fuelled scent and sighed in relief. "I know, but you're more important," he rubbed his nose against the base of Damon's neck, "And shouldn't you be there as well, Assistant Coach?" he teased.

"Go Tyler," Damon pushed at him, "I'll try to be there for kick-off."

Tyler frowned unhappily, but knew better than to disobey Damon when he was as mercurial as he was these days.