Chp 8: Through some hoops

The football players had kept the news - now confirmed to be true without any reasonable doubt -of Tyler and Mr. Salvatore The Elder to themselves. They figured Tyler was their captain and their friend. He'd gotten them out of trouble loads of times. The least they could do was to let him keep his relationship - or whatever it was - with the coach private.

Sean rubbed his neck as he left the history classroom, "Bye coach," he said as he left.

But even couples who were trying to keep things under wrap were painfully obvious sometimes. "Hey Matt..." he greeted as he reached the basket ball court. "I gotta ask you something."

"Shoot, bro," Matt said as he took a shot at the hoop.

"You're Tyler's best friend, right?"

"Yeah..." Matt paused and turned to Sean. "Look man, if you have an issue -" he said defensively.

"I don't," Sean said, "I just... are they actually a couple?"

Matt blinked. "What?"

"They never...-" he struggled for words, "Do anything." he said, "Besides when Ryan said Ty practically raped him in the locker room, they never touch, other than casually, like all of us do, or kiss - I mean, I realise they're both dudes, but bro-?"

"You've just seen them at school man. They keep their private life private," Matt said, "If they started doing stuff at school, Damon would get in trouble. The principal turns a blind eye cause Damon's on the Council Board and is the head of a founder family - and they've been together since before he started working at the school, but if they got obvious he'd be forced to follow regulations."

"Ah - so they're... like a normal couple?"

"I wouldn't say normal..." Matt said, thinking about the way Tyler had, eh, assaulted - for the lack of a better word, Damon. "I mean, They're both dudes - and they treat each other like it. It's not like your standard relationship..."

"So who the chick between the sheets?" Sean asked teasingly.

Matt chuckled, "That's really not my place to say."

"Oh man," Sean paused, "Tyler told you?"

"Hell no - the closest Ty came to telling me about anything they 'do' was telling me to mind my own business- and that he doesn't share."

"But you know?"

"I kinda stumbled in on them..." Matt smirked, "The only thing I can tell you, that my very intoxicated brain remembers..." Sean stared at him expectantly, "Is that when they're together, nothing else exists...," he said and shot the ball into the hoop. "And Tyler's dad actually respects Damon -"

"So he knows?"

"Heavens no. Although the Spring Fling should be interesting." Matt grinned.

"They're going together?"

"Yeah. I mean, it requires that all singles go single and all couples go together - with the red and white silk bands and everything."

Sean grinned, "Oh I'm so gonna be there for that."

"Yeah, although, if you're heading up to Tylers afterwards you might wanna knock."