Chp 27

"I'm sorry Damon, but weirder things have happened than a guy getting knocked up!" Bonnie said, "There is a dude in California, and another in Japan. With Emily's spell, how is it so unlikely?"

"Because I'm male," Damon emphasised. "Not a sex-change patient, and I didn't have any bits put it- I'm just sick. Emily's spell must have been to turn a vampire human enough to conceive if female. It just makes no sense."

Bonnie sighed harshly. She glared at Caroline, Jeremy and Elena. "No one has anything to say?" she asked. No one replied, "Well... it's all I've got," she said and sat down. "I've searched high and low, and it's all I've got."

"You have put on some weight, Damon..." Caroline added quietly.

Damon sat up defensively, "I just ate-" he snapped at her. All the human food was making him feel bloated. That was all it was. Damon crossed his arms over his stomach and sank back into the couch. Bonnie was not right. She couldn't be.

"That was an hour ago," Elena said. She paused, frowning slightly, "Maybe... maybe you should take the test. If Bonnie is wrong, then no harm done."

"I gotta say... I'm kinda with the girls on this one Damon. I mean... I know it's unlikely, but... with everything... and you and Tyler do go at it like rabbits -" Damon flushed, "-I mean... the last time a werewolf and a vampire got together, Klaus happened..."

"But there was a female in the equation!" Damon hissed.

"Damon," Elena cut in. "Take the test. Bonnie will prepare the ritual, and we can do a double check. If it's nothing, then it's nothing, and no harm done."

"Except to my manly pride," Damon sniped, trying to sound like he was joking. But he wasn't. He loved Tyler. He really did. He loved him so much is scared him. But he would be lying if he said that giving up the dominant position he'd held in every relationship he'd ever had, and let Tyler have him... knowing that Tyler could, as he had, simply take him, didn't hurt his pride and his confidence. Not so much he couldn't fake it, but it stung deep. Adding to that the loss of his powers... he felt helpless. He was fit for any humanoid creature, but without his vampire strength, he wasn't a match for anyone. He felt weaker now than what he had been as a human. In wolf terms, he was Tyler's bitch. His wife. Or girlfriend as it were. They weren't married. But he was Damon Salvatore dammit, and he was no girl.

Elena handed him a test.

Damon rolled his eyes. "Fine," he said and took it from her and went up to his room.

He couldn't believe it. Stuff like this didn't happen in real life, he thought as he sat on the bathroom floor, several pregnancy tests littered out on the floor. This was tragic romance novels and shit like that! Damon rubbed his face in frustration.

How was it possible? Oh God, they never used protection. "And whose fault was that...?" Damon muttered dryly, thinking back to their first time.

He didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry. It could just not be happening. Guys did not get pregnant. Except him.

Obviously.

What was Tyler going to say? They had been together almost four months. They were at the heart of a supernatural hailstorm. They couldn't be parents! How was a baby to survive in their world? What were they gonna do about Mason? What would they do if someone - Katherine, came after them?