Chp 4: Weirdness

Damon sat on a park table, letting the sunlight warm him. When he'd woken up he'd been enveloped in warmth. He'd felt warm for the first time in over a century. But the warmth glowing from within him disappeared as Tylers seed slipped from his body. The wolf himself had left before breakfast, saying he'd see him soon. Damon supposed he had to go to school.

His bruises had faded, but his body was still tender. And he was so cold. He felt like the morning after he'd been turned. Cold, alone and bare. He'd chosen the softest and the warmest clothes he had, even though it was a warm summer day.

He lit a cigarette in an effort to gain some sort of warmth, but the lukewarm smoke did little. At least the music took his mind off of it.

"I can't believe you did that man," Matt said, breathing heavily as they jogged through the park. "I had no idea you swung that way."

"I don't," Tyler replied, I just -"

"- Fucked Damon Salvatore until he screamed?" Matt arched a brow and took a sip from his bottle, not slowing down.

Tyler let out a bark of laughter. He'd gotten more than a scream of of him. Even sounds he had not been able to identify. "Did you listen in?"

"We could hear you all the way down man. Maybe you should consider actually getting to his room next time." Matt said, "Thanks though, it got the girls pretty hot."

"Don't let you imagination run off with you," Tyler said as he spotted a lone dark figure over by the fountain, "I don't share." And with that he sped off, leaving Matt in the dust.

"Hey!" Matt yelled. When he saw where Tyler had run off to he just shook his head and headed off on the opposite track.

Damon glanced up as the testosterone fuelled scent of Tyler Lockwood hit him in with face along with the gentle wind. A second later the wolf in question stopped in front of him. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," Damon replied quietly, taking a drag of his smoke.

"I'm sorry for leaving while you were sleeping," Tyler said, "can I sit down?" Damon shook his head. He just wanted him to go away. Tyler smirked and sat down and looked him over, "Man, it's cooking today. How can you wear all that?"

"I'm cold," Damon replied simply.

Tyler chuckled and took Damon's hand. He noticed the blue eyes man tense under his touch. "God, you really are freezing," Tyler exclaimed, "You're like ice."

Damon's breath hitched as the wolf took both his hands in his. He noticed how his own hand looked delicate compared to the paws of Lockwood, but what really struck him was the warmth spreading up his arms and through his body.

"Is this ok?" Tyler asked.

Damon nodded and let out a shaky breath. "Yeah,- how are you so warm?" he asked.

Tyler chuckled, "how are you so cold?"

"I'm a vampire," Damon replied.

Tyler paused, then he chuckled again, "Well, guess I'm a werewolf then." The undeniable truth of the statement made Damon smile. "We're quite a pair then."