Chp 28

Tyler had decided to spend the night at Damon's. His vampire lover had been so tired be'd been shaking from exhaustion. When he woke up to the sun streaming in the windows, it was also to a warm vampire sprawled across his chest.

Gently he picked up the dog-tags on his chest and looked at them.

Damon Salvatore, Mystic Falls

Damon had given them to him, saying that if he was going to walk around with brand on his neck, then Tyler was as well. Tyler thought the pride he was filled with for being allowed to wear Damon's Civil War tags was slightly ridiculous.

With a sigh and rumbling stomach he headed downstairs for some breakfast.

"Where is Damon?" Stefan asked as he put his cup down.

"Showering," Tyler replied, "Man, drink up. I can smell it from over here," he said and sat down on the stool by the counter.

"Not weirded out by it then," Stefan said and offered him some real coffee.

"Yeah..." he said and accepted the steaming hot cup. "Not too much detail, but enough to know what's going on..." he said. "He told me about Vicky."

"Most people would be running for the hills..."

"I'm not most people. Vicky... with the way she lived she's better off dead..."

"That's one way of putting it..." Stefan said. "I... Damon was furious when Caroline decided she would stay with you during the full moon..."

"Yeah, he told me..."

"She's his Childe... he cares for her. And he's my brother... and as surprised as I am... he loves you. You break his heart and I will kill you. I will rip your heart out, literally. I broke our father neck for putting his hands on Damon, don't you for a second believe I'm above doing the same to you." Stefan was surprised by the viciousness of his own warning.

Tyler just nodded and turned to the doorway as he heard Damon coming down the stairs.

Damon walked over to Tyler and gave him a good morning kiss. God, he loved the taste of him. He pulled away, but found strong arms wrapped around him. "Hey !" he yelped in surprise as Tyler yanked him up to straddle him, and deepened the kiss.

"Oh god," Stefan groaned, "you know what? Never mind. I'd forgotten how nauseating Damon in love is..." he said and sipped his blood.

"You're amorous this morning," Damon breathed.

"Hm," Tyler hummed and kissed him again.

"Hi guys -" Jeremy greeted as he came in the door with Bonnie, Caroline and Alaric.

"Hi Jer -" Tyler mumbled against Damon's lips.

"We made fajitas," Elena said, coming into the kitchen. "Let's eat in the living room." It wasn't really breakfast food, but she knew Damon had grown fond of Mexican food lately, and she had been a bit testy with him over the Tyler thing for a while. Although she had chided Stefan thoroughly for trying to eavesdrop. She put the hot plates down on the table next to the vegetables and salad and went to fetch the dip and salsa.