Chp 30

"So, what up with you and Damon these days? He okay?" Matt asked as he fished out a can from the box in the water.

"Yeah, how so?"

"Alicia said she saw you at the hospital."

"We're fine," Tyler said, "Healthy as can be," he flashed a smile.

"So why are you being such an overbearing douche?" Matt asked, then he smirked. "Well, not a douche, but you are overbearing."

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked and drank deeply fro his bottle of water.

"Well... you're pretty much refusing him alcohol, you're not letting him out of your sight, and you're making him wear a woollen sweater in the middle of the day in sunny June. It's cooking, and I'm only in shorts," he said, pointing at himself.

Tyler could barely contain his smile. He laid a heavy arm over Matts shoulders, "Well... you know with all this supernatural shit going on, right?"

"Yeah..." Matt frowned.

"Well... you know how Damon's a vampire..."

"Get to it, Ty."

"He's kinda not, anymore. Apparently- Bonnie hasn't quite figured it out yet, but either, Damon was cursed by one of the old Bennett witches, or my wolf is affecting him enough to physically change his body; he's turning human... in some respects."

"Oh, that's it? I mean, it's pretty huge for you guys, but -"

"No, that's not it, that was the prologue."

"Ah..."

"We're having a baby."

Matt just stared blankly at him.

"Whatever these changes are doing to him, it's made him capable of... having kids."

"Congrats?" Matt asked, looking doubtful, trying to wrap his mind around it.

Tyler nodded, "I'm psyched," he said, smiling, "My wolf is barely containing itself, I..." he sighed. He shook his head, chuckled, "I am being overbearing, aren't I?"

"Circumstances considered, no," Matt said. "He is obviously still allergic to vervane, I can imagine his body is having trouble adjusting... he's lost a lot of weight..."

"I do worry," Tyler admitted, "But Damon can take care of himself. He's nearly a hundred and seventy years old, Matt. He fought in the Civil War for God's sake... even if I want to coddle him, I have to accept that he's got a hundred and fifty years on me. That's some serious life experience," he said with a playful smirk as they headed over to the rest of the gang by the grill.

"Congrats, man," Matt said again, this time with a smile and honest support. He figure he could have a proper think about it and try to understand it later; right now was for fun, and his best friend was obviously happy.

"Thanks," Tyler grinned as they sat down.

Matt couldn't help but notice that Tyler was bulging with pride and joy. He also noticed it was attracting the girls like flies. Tyler was doing nothing to encourage them, per ce, and he was even stepping away when they got too close, but he was the quarterback of the best high school football team in the state. He could also tell it was starting to piss Damon off.

Most people had gotten the memo that Tyler was off the market, but some girls didn't seem to catch on too quickly, or at all it seemed. Other had noticed as well and Matt had a feeling some were just waiting for Damon to blow a fuse.

Matt sighed and got up as two of the girls got up to get some more beer. "Hey," he greeted and fished two beers out of their make shift fridge.

"Hey Matt," Ramona and Trisha replied with wide smiles. "Awesome party."

Matt smiled stiffly. Freshers. They were such a hassle. "Yeah well... don't get too hammered, or Mrs. Lockwood won't let us party here. You're still underage."

"Oh Matty-" Trisha cooed. "So nice of you to be worried."

Matt groaned, "You're welcome. Actually, I just came down to tell you to knock it off."

Their smiled faded only to be replaced by sour looks. "What do you mean?"

"Tyler is in a committed relationship. And his other half is two seconds away from turning you both into minced pie and eat your for lunch." He had little doubt of that Damon could do it either.

The sour look was replaced by smugness. "Yeah, so? Like it matters? We're in High School. It's not like one girl will satisfy him."

Matt gaped at them. Were they for real? "He's also gay," he said slowly, like he was speaking to five year olds.

Trisha snorted and walked off, Ramona is two.

Matt just shook his head, "I tried," he muttered to himself. When he sat back own in his spot, Sean, Stefan and Ryan joined him. "I tried," he repeated.

Stefan chuckled. "This wont be pretty..." he said and sipped his beer. "Hey," when did you get here?"

"Just now," Elena smiled. "Whose the jailbait hanging all over wolfboy?"

"Jailbait about to become shark bait," Stefan replied and pulled her down in his lap. "And we have front row seats."

Elena shook her head, "Someone should tell them -"

"I tried," Matt said again, "I told them he was in a committed relationship, they said there is no way just one girl can satisfy him. I said he was gay, they just walked away."

"Oh," Elena looked surprised, "Well... this could be interesting."

"Man, you've got a vein in your forehead," Jeremy said, "Girls pissing you off?"

Damon exhaled sharply, "I'm getting another burger," he said and walked off.