Chapter 7

(A/N) - Today I bring you: Eruri joy :)

Not wanting Zeke to know where he lives and since Levi demanded that he never set foot on Erwin's property again under the threat of a painful death, Zeke dropped them off at the edge of campus.

"Do you want to come back to my apartment with me? I can make you some tea as an apology for breaking your piano. I can pay for it too." Levi said, slightly embarrassed that it had gotten out of hand with Zeke.

Erwin chuckled. "It's quite alright, I can get it fixed on my own. But some tea would be nice."

As soon as Levi opened the door to the apartment, Hange jumped on him and enveloped him in a bone-crushing hug.

"LEVI! Are you okay?! I was so worried, don't scare me like that Levi!" They screeched, and Mike stood behind them, a similar expression on his face.

"You can't just send us a text saying 'If I'm dead, torture Zeke' and then not respond after that!" Mike scolded, standing behind Hange with his hands on his hips.

"Oh. I suppose I see how that could be concerning."

Erwin couldn't help feeling amused by this even though it was obviously a serious situation. That's Levi for you, he thought.

"Anyways, I sent that because he made this, and I was trying it out." He pulled the ODM gear out of his bag and Hange's eyes sparkled with excitement.

Levi walked into the room, setting it down on the kitchen table and Erwin closed the door behind him.

"Does it really work? And who is this Zeke guy?" Mike asked. Mike had never participated in their discussions on the past life, opting to forget it and move on rather than dwell on it. They each had their own ways of coping and the others respected his choice. He knew the basics of Eldia, Marley, and Eren's rumbling, but asked no further questions.

"Oh, I suppose you died before we met him. He was the Beast Titan. Looked like a fucking ugly monkey."

"He... what? A monkey? Could he talk in his monkey form?" Mike asked, his eyes wide.

Levi thought for a second. "Yeah, he could. He'd always yell 'not again' or something when I was about to kill him. Why do you ask...?"

Mike's fists balled at his sides. "He killed me."

Silence.

"W-What?" Hange stammered.

"He killed my horse then threw its corpse at me. Then he cornered me and took my ODM gear and demanded I tell him how it worked. When I refused, he walked away and let Titans devour me."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Levi asked. Erwin's eyes were wide and Hange looked grim.

"For fuck's sake, he's taken so many people away from me. And now you too? I can't leave him alive." Levi said, grabbing a knife out of the drawer next to him and starting for the door. Erwin grabbed his shoulder.

"Levi, wait."

"Get off me, Erwin. You don't understand."

"I know," Erwin said sincerely, "but I know that you killing someone is going to have consequences. Zeke seemed to be terrified of you, so I doubt he'll do anything to cross you. The risk of killing him purely for revenge is not worth it. This is not a gamble I would make, Levi."

Levi looked down, then sighed, putting the knife back in the drawer.

"Alright."

Mike smiled slightly at Levi. "Erwin's right. This life doesn't have to go like our other one did. I was going to die eventually at the hands of Titans. It just so happened that it was him."