𝟎𝟏𝟏. welcome to camp mona

❛ you are at once both the quiet and the confusion of my heart ❜

VALERIE NEVER TRULY UNDERSTOOD MANY THINGS ABOUT LIFE AND HOW PEOPLE INTERACTED. Like one day you could be practically glued to someone's hip, and then you were willing to not see them ever again. She felt that was how things went for her and the group liars that had come back together, forgetting that for a year they were apart.

Ever since Alison's disappearance, anxiety had chipped away at the brunette's resolve as she rested her chin on her open palm, elbow pressed to the cafeteria table. She tried her best to suppress a yawn that was trying to pass her lips.

A had made yet another move to lure the girls in with the promise of them finding whoever it was. The girls were invited to Camp Mona, which was to celebrate Mona's birthday, but as soon as the girls all managed to found excuses for how busy they were, A turned Mona's birthday into a scavenger hunt and A was the prize.

Valerie didn't view, attending Mona's birthday as the height of her priorities, but she knew that she had not even been given a choice where A was concerned, and she wouldn't let her friends enter the fight alone.

As Valerie sauntered into the cafeteria to grab a water, she saw Riley coming up beside her. The lanky male looked over at her, pouting her bottom lip playfully. "It's a bummer that Camp Mona is that exclusive. I was hoping to see you this weekend, seeing that you have canceled most of my catch ups."

"It's can be that exclusive if I was invited, I have barely spoken two words to Mona this year and was a bitch to her when Ali was still around. Anyway calm your tits cause there's always Sunday." She smiled guiltily regretting that she hadn't spent more time with him since the five girls had come back together. "We could -"

"- lay around all day being lazy together watching The Women all day?" He finished.

Valerie's smile grew bigger, happy that he didn't seem to resentful towards her. "I love that idea and I am really sorry that haven't been making as much time for you."

"Hey I know that you are going through a lot and I knew that once you girls got some closure, that it would bring you back together. I am in no way mad at you, but I just miss my best friend." He said, holing her hand to make her feel a bit of serenity.

"I truly don't deserve you in my life."

"That goes both ways. Now I need to cut the mushiness to stop here because I need to talk to Mr Fitz. I may or may not have failed the assignment. I'll see you later." He told her, pulling her into a hug, bringing his friend one last smile before leaving the cafeteria.