𝟎𝟏𝟗. you were a smart one

❛ the truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever ❜

"MORNING." VALERIE SPOKE AS SHE WANDERED INTO THE KITCHEN AND TOOK HER SEAT AT THE TABLE. Peter softly smiled toward his sister, only to shoot daggers at his little sister through Ashleigh seemed unfazed by this and kept her gaze fixed at the orange beside her.

"Ah. Good morning." Thomas twirled around from the stove to greet his daughter. He grabbed Valerie a pancake breakfast and placed it in front of her. "Okay. Go ahead. You can stay it out loud - I am the single greatest dad out there."

Ashleigh glanced down at the plate within her hands. "It looks great."

Nate, however, remained silent, but once Valerie kicked him underneath the table, he plastered a fake smile across his face. "Yeah."

"So, did you and mom have a fun date night?" Valerie raised an eyebrow towards her Dad. She knew that her parents always had a spectacular time whenever they took the time for each other. She always dreamed of finding a relationship but thinking of that dream now only made her feel sad. She thought she had found that man in Jason, but she was wrong.

"Yes, we did. Nothing is better than spending some time with my favourite girl." Thomas smiled as the woman in question wandered into the kitchen.

The family fell into a peaceful rhythm before she raised an eyebrow once Ashleigh brought up the one topic that she knew would rile up her older brother. The conversation about one of his favourite franchises that were still going on and getting more heated by the minute.

"The Marvel Cinematic Universe especially the Avengers movies are a pure genius? It's one of my most successful franchises of all times!" Nate yelled, fed up with Ashleigh nit picking for the franchise.

Valerie sighed next to him, having given up on both of them, releasing that they are not willing to give up on this fight, any time soon. Nate however was not willing to back down and unfortunately neither was Ashleigh.

"I don't really understand the fuss on all of them. They aren't even cool superheroes. Like who even is tin man?" Ashleigh sweetly smiled, as she knew this would anger him.

Nate gritted his teeth. "Iron man. IRON MAN. Not tin man. You're confusing it for The Wizard of Oz."

"Wizard of Oz is indeed a classic." Thomas mused as he tried to bring the conversation to a different route.

"Yes dad, it is all fun and whimsical until you release that Judy Garland was forced into a diet cause the production needed her in shape and not to mention was sexually assaulted to stay in character." Valerie muttered, with no one in her family hearing what she said.