Chapter 2

Dedicated to @Mileywatson27 and @JustPassing_By. Thank you for your amazing comments. Love you guys!

Zayn's POV:
I am the soon to be Alpha of the Royal Moon Stone Pack, it used to be the Royal Moon Pack and the Yellow Stone Pack, but they were merged together by my parents, Yaser and Trisha. Speaking of my parents, they called me into their office.

I'm almost 21 so that means I will be getting the pack soon. They have me doing all sorts of jobs that they do as Alphas, getting me used to the requirements of the job.

I bet they are going to give me some sort of errand to do for the. I knock on their office door, and I hear a faint, "come in," from my mom.

I walk in, a serious business face on. To be Alpha is to have responsibility, so I need to show them that I'm ready.

"Hello son, we've called you here to check on a rogue that has crossed onto our territory. They are at the old cleaning we used to go. I want you to bring them in and see if they are a threat or not." My dad says formally, keeping up his Alpha appearance.

"Okay, I'll go check it out now. Thank you, Alpha." I say, smirking when I say 'Alpha.' I've never had to be formal with my parents, seeing as they are both Alphas. I've always called them mom and dad, not seeing a point for formalities.

Dad just looks at me with a playful glare, before going back to helping mom with work. They have been swamped with work because of running two joined packs for the last years, but they still manage.

I head down the familiar path to the clearing, having gone here many times with my family. I have a pair of shorts in my hand, knowing that the rogue will need to shift back. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable in their human form.

Reaching the clearing, I see the rogue that my parents were talking about. It was just laying in the middle of the clearing, watching the view. It doesn't seem to be feral, so I approach.

I take in the scent, and smell that it is a fresh rogue. I also smell the most amazing scent ever. Vanilla and the forest. I may have just found my mate. The rogue's fur is white which is just perfect because my wolf's fur is jet black. A perfect match from the moon goddess.

I purposely step on a twig so that the rogue hears me. The rogue turns, and our eyes lock. For a second, the world stops. The only thing that matters is us. We stare at each other, dazed, before the rogue realises what it's doing. He quickly scrambles to stand up and cowers away.

His stature shows that he is a male and also an omega.

I walked here in my human form, so I put my hands up in a surrendering manner. Showing that I meant no harm, I slowly walk closer to him.

The rogue flinches but stands it's ground. He shows no sign of being aggressive, his instincts not showing through. Normally, even nice rogues growl to tell people to back off.

"Can you shift back?" I ask politely, knowing that he isn't feral.

The rogue, my mate, tilts his head questioningly. Maybe he doesn't know how to shift back? That means he is 13 and this is his first shift!

"To shift back, imagine your human form. The dirt underneath your feet, the air going into your lungs. The wind blowing through your hair."

He nods, and I see his bones start to break. Soon enough he is kneeling in his human form, naked. I don't let my eyes wander and continue staring at my mate in his beautiful eyes.

"What's your name?" I ask, wanting to know more about my mate and why is he a rogue. My mate just shakes his head, refusing to talk. Although I get a little mad at this, I understand. It is a scary situation with someone he doesn't know. Stranger Danger.

He has curly brown hair and his eyes are beautiful green. He looked so soft and innocent.

He is still kneeling, so I walk up to him and offer him my hand, "Let's get back to the pack house and get to know each other."

I also hand him the pair of shorts I had bought with me, knowing he would be more comfortable with clothes.

He looks about 16 years old, so I know that he feels the mate bond. He looks at my hand and then back into my eyes. He hesitantly lifts his hand to mine but pulls his hand back when he feels the sparks. He looks at my hands in wonder, curious as to why the sparks had occurred.

I smirk slightly, "That's the mate bond, curly." He looks small for his age l, probably 5'6, making him looks even more adorable.

He looks at me with confusion. He must not know much about the mate bond.

He reaches up and grabs my hand softly and I just enjoy the sparks. He is soon lifted onto his feet and I lead him back to the pack house, after he puts the shorts on.

I just hope this goes well.

-
Yay! Zarry met!

What will happen next?

Hope you have a good day!💚💛