Stitches - Daryl

Request: Can I send in a request for the walking and for Daryl? The reader is in a relationship with him and when she is on a run with a Daryl and Rick and they run into a walker. Her instincts didn't give her anytime to really think, so she pulls out her gun and shoots. As she did so, the gun scoped her just above the bridge of her nose, leaving a gash. They take her back to get cleaned up but struggles to hold her trying to once they got back. She saw the alcohol in Daryl's hand and she takes off back outside. Shane was there just in the nick of time as Daryl and Rick chase her down. Rick shouts for Shane for assistance. They got back inside and Shane holds her down on the couch while Rick's hands lock around her wrist. Daryl started cleaning the wound and after, comforts her.

Warnings: Gore, angst

The search for Sophia started out okay today, not many walkers lingering in the woods as Daryl tried tracking her. You trailed behind him alongside Rick, letting your boyfriend do what he does best. Before the world ended, you used to want to tag along with him to hunt and track, wondering what he found "fun" about it. Now that you had been seeing him do it, you had another level of respect for him. This group needed him just as much as they needed Rick or Shane - you knew it.

You weren't paying very close attention and ended up a little while behind Rick, sort of trailing along absentmindedly. You suddenly heard the familiar growls of walkers, snapping your head in the direction of the noise. Unfortunately, this caused you to not watch where you walked and your foot stepped into a deeper spot in the soil, making you launch forward and fall, hitting a log roughly and tumbling to your side, falling straight down a sloped hill.

You scream the whole way down, hearing Rick and Daryl's voices shouting as you fall, unable to do anything besides hug your head. You hit logs and bushes the whole way down the slope - which must have been about twenty feet deep - hurting most of your body in the process. When you finally reach the bottom, you hear the loud growls and groans of walkers, looking up in time to spot two approaching you, two more off in the distance. An arrow quickly goes through the skull of the one closest to you, but its body falls on your legs and you cannot get up.

"Y/N!" Daryl shouts, both he and Rick making their way down the steep hill as fast as they could. The second walker falls over the body of the other one, collapsing right on top of you and pinning you in place. You scream as it snaps at your face, desperately trying to hold it back by its shoulders. You can feel it slipping so you hastily grab your gun from your holster and bring it up to your face, shooting it in the skull in the nick of time. A loud screech escapes your lips when the pistol's recoil snaps right into your face, above your nose.

You instantly feel the blood gushing and start hyperventilating from the pain of the two dead walkers pinning you down, the large gash over your face, and the sound of more walkers approaching. Everything begins drowning out as you lose your calm, touching your hand to your face, drenching it in blood instantly. You are crying and wiggling under the walkers, the pain intensifying each second.

Rick hastily kills the remaining walkers as Daryl rushes to your side, shoving the walkers off of your body and pulling your head up by your neck to look at your face. "Fuck!" He shouts, hastily removing his rag from his pants pocket and bawling it up, placing it over your wound. You yelp in pain and struggle to remain quiet, your eyes stinging now from blood trickling into them. "Rick!" Daryl shouts, trying to help you into a sitting position.

"Shit..." Rick mutters, their words only worrying you further. How bad is it?
"We gotta get her back!" Daryl hollers. Rick puts his arms under your waist, helping Daryl lift you into a standing position. "Ow!" You scream when you put pressure on your left ankle. Rick holsters your gun and bends to look at your ankle, shooting a worried look to Daryl as he holds you up. He stands and pulls your other arm over his shoulder, helping you walk.