❝ two ❞

"i thought you'd be up here. again."

camille whips around, frowning when she sees a dark shadow. "again?"

"i see you up here almost every night."

camille narrows her eyes. their voice sounds familiar. it's light, yet somehow deep. it's strong, yet somehow hoarse. "so you've been watching me?"

the shadow laughs, broad shoulders shaking. "not in a creepy way, of course. i've always thought about talking to you, but i couldn't suppress my anger."

raising an eyebrow, camille straightens her back. "all of a sudden you can?" the moonlight reflects off their face, but instead of their face, there seems to be some kind of white mask. something clicks in her brain. dream.

"i found some peace, deep down."

"why don't you come out of the shadows, dream?"

shrugging, dream comes out of the shadows. camille gets a good look at him. she hadn't seem him for a month, but he looked fairly the same. sandy blonde hair, pristine white mask, broad shoulders, hands in his jean pockets and iconic green hoodie on. he settles down next to camille, legs hanging off the community house's roof.

"you look the same. like a loser, wearing the same thing." camille says simply.

"i could say the same thing about you."

they sat in silence, appreciating the moonlight bouncing on the lake.

"why did you betray us?"

"i don't know." she did know.

"if you had another chance, would you still betray us?"

"i don't know." she did know.

"do you miss us?"

pause. "i don't know." she did know.

she hears a grunt from dream, and she smirks to herself. annoying dream was her favourite pastime.

"why are we here?" dream asks suddenly.

"i was here first. you just joined me."

camille suddenly feels a warm hand on her shoulder. she glances down at it, then at him. the eye holes of his mask slightly betray his piercing green eyes. out of nowhere, he pushes her into the aquarium.

"AH-" she yells, but only for a split second. her screams are cut off by the rushing water.

surfacing, camille spits out a bunch of water, gasping for air. dream laughs, loud and raucous. "sorry, but maybe you should've answered my questions properly."

he holds out his hand, offering it to camille. camille hates clichés, but she can't help it. she grasps his hand, and pulls him in.

"JESUS-"

he crashes into the water, splashing camille. camille laughs, backing away. dream eventually surfaces, his mask off. he's not looking at camille, and is desperately looking around. "mask mask mask..." the mask floats to the top, and he tries strapping it on.

groaning, he holds the mask to his face and turns to camille. "could you strap it on?"

"i'd rather no-"

"please." he hisses.

she reaches out as he turns around, and straps his mask on.

"done."

"thanks."

"whatever."

"you could've said no problem, or something."

"nah. that'd be too nice. i already did you a favour."

"i don't remember you being this insufferable."

"i don't remember you being this bloody annoying."

"i hate you. a lot."

"i never did anything to you, oh great leader of the dream smp."

"i'm not the leader. eret's leader. or, king, really."

camille snorts, holding on to the side so she wouldn't have to tread water. "i know you're behind all the decisions, dream. you're a control freak." camille feels a wave of worry crash over her as she utters those words. she never meant to tell dream to his face that he's a control freak. shaking away the thoughts, she convinces herself that dream deserved whatever insult she threw at him.

dream stays silent, holding on to the side as well. "well-" silence falls over them, and dream mutters to himself. "i've gotta go. bye."

he climbs out of the aquarium, and hurries down the steps. camille helps herself out, watching as dream runs across the prime path, to his base.

god that bastard. cocky, manipulative and... alluring.

camille makes her own way back to l'manberg, waiting so she wouldn't catch up with dream. on her way back, she's surprised to see someone she hadn't seen in a while.

"purpled?"

purpled stops, staring at her. "hey."

"can i help you?" camille asks, shuffling her feet. purpled was always extremely kind to her, when she was with the dream smp. well, kind in his own way. they had a love-hate relationship.

"nope. i was just on my way to do some fishing." he holds up a fishing rod for proof.

"right. see you, then." camille starts to walk away, but purpled stops her.

"hey. be careful of dream."

"dream? you don't have to warn me about him. i wouldn't go anywhere near that idiot."

"riiight, so that wasn't you two messing around in the aquarium." camille opens her mouth to object, but she knows there's no point arguing, so she lets him continue. "he's got everyone wrapped around his little finger, camille. not just the citizens of the dream smp, but l'manberg, too. dream's... dream's big brother. he watches everything. he gets close to people, and uses them to gain insight. he's a manipulative puppet master, and will do anything for power over everything. l'manberg can be independent, but l'manberg can never be free." and with that, purpled walks off, whistling to himself, as if nothing happened.

camille frowns. she knows dream's hungry for power. which is why she'll never, ever give it to him.

***

a/n: 😱 author said famous quote from dream smp!!! no way!!!

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3