❝ twenty ❞

it was a day like any other...

camille is at the xp grinder with ponk. he's killing spiders while she rocks back and forth on a chair. the two of them are having a great time, laughing and talking.

"god, it seems like ages ago, doesn't it?"

"well, it's been over a year." camille points out.

"yup. and dwilbur smp's never been better."

all of a sudden, the tiny bundle in camille's arms starts wailing. ponk winces and camille apologises, getting up to leave.

"sorry! gotta go feed him."

"it's all good!" ponk calls as she leaves.

camille makes her way over to her house where she sets her baby down, and bottle feeds him. "ssh, ssh. there you are. eat up!"

"ssh ssh, i'm here for you. we're all here for you."

nihachu was always by her side, whether it was helping with the baby, or taking over her chores. she definitely kept her promise of always being there, but camille felt bad that nihachu was doing everything for her.

"hey, cami! he's crying again?" fundy asks, entering.

"yeah." camille says tiredly.

"are you alright? do you need me to feed him?"

"no, i'm fine. thanks though."

fundy sits on a chair, watching as she cleans away the feeding things.

"hey, can i ask a weird question?"

"go ahead." camille sits down, holding her baby.

"why'd you name him clay? did you go to a chest, decide his name would be the first thing you saw, and you saw clay?"

camille laughs heartily. "oh, that would be an interesting way to name a child. no, actually. i'm not even sure why i called him clay. it kinda just... came to me. i guess you could say it reminds me of dream?"

"oh, i see. clay reminds you of dream. yeah, i get that." fundy bops his head, although by the tone of his voice, camille can tell he doesn't get it.

camille looks down at her baby. he's beautiful. he has green eyes just like his father, and will probably have blonde hair too.

"i miss him a lot, fundy."

fundy frowns, and squeezes into the chair with camille, and hugs her. "i miss him too."

even though fundy may have been talking about dream, camille knew he was also talking about wilbur.

camille's eyes flit downwards, towards clay. "i love you, clay."

***

a/n: and that's the end :) thank you for coming with me on this 20 chapter book! it was pretty crazy. this book is nothing like i've written before because i usually don't like to kill off characters. funny, cos i killed off two this time. i don't usually write angsts, but i've recently discovered i prefer writing angsts. thank you, again!

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝 | 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙭 𝙛𝙚𝙢! 𝙤𝙘 🎉