❝ eighteen ❞

tw: emetophobia

...and she doesn't stop running.

her mind's hazy as she runs. she doesn't know where she's going. all she knows, is that she needs time away from dream, and the drama with the vines. as she runs, a sinking feeling rises in her stomach. her throat aches as the taste of bile surfaces.

"fuck no no no. please." camille runs off to the side, where grass weeps with rain. she bends over, throwing up. she heaves as she finishes vomiting, her stomach suddenly empty.

end of tw

"god..." she slumps over against a rock, looking up and opening her mouth to drink the rain. the rain softens the pain in her throat, and she thirstily laps at it.

she looks down at her stomach, and gently cups it. "i'll protect you. no matter what."

***

"hey, dream. is camille— I SWEAR TO GOD—" nihachu goes from worried to angry.

dream looks up, his mask hiding his face. "what?" his voice wavers.

nihachu gasps slightly. "have you been crying? dream, are you okay?"

dream clears his throat. "where's camille?"

"o-oh. i don't... know."

"what? did she go back to l'manberg?"

"i'm not sure! she said she came here to tell you she needed a break."

dream inhales sharply. "i've gotta find her." dream stands up, trying to leave.

"wait, don't. it's raining, dream. plus, she obviously needs a break. maybe leave her be?"

dream scoffs. "are you serious? she went back to the vine infested place! i need to go."

"at least let me go with you."

"no, no. it's fine. i'll be okay."

"dream, i swear to god. if you don't come back with camille, no, screw that. if you or camille don't come back, we're ruined. l'manberg, the dream smp alike. ruined. we won't have a leader anymore. but you and camille... you're not only our leaders. your our friends, too. so please, come back." nihachu tears up and dream hugs the small woman.

"don't worry, nihachu. i'll come back."

"i don't want l'manberg and the dream smp to go back to normal." she says suddenly.

"what?"

"i like you and camille being leaders together." she sniffles.

"i do too... i'll talk to her about it when we get back, alright? we'll sort our argument out, and it'll be fine."

"thank you, dream."

dream pulls away and leaves, waving goodbye.

"good luck!"

dream jogs to l'manberg, ignoring the questioning looks from alyssa and punz. he opens the gate and goes through, his heart dropping. the vines had grown all over tommy's house. "oh my..."

carefully, he picked his way through the vines, making a mental note to move tommy and ponk out of the prison. there weren't any guards today, for some odd reason. "CAMILLE?" dream yells.

he walks to the podium, looking all over the place. "CAMI?"

he ends up near the camarvan, and he frowns as he sees that the complete area is covered in vines. "jesus... CAMILLE, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE HERE, BUT IF YOU ARE, PLEASE LEAVE. THE VINES HAVE GOTTEN SO FUCKING BAD, YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" dream yells, praying she hears him.

he turns around to leave, going to check the prison quickly. as he leaves, he feels something grab his ankle. he jumps, and looks down. a red vine is wrapped tightly around his ankle, moving up his leg. "FUCK." he stomps his leg, then quickly pats his hoodie for a knife, or something sharp. the vine climbs higher, covering his knee.

"shit shit shit!" he scours the ground for a twig, groaning when he can't find one. the vine takes over his thigh, pulling him to the ground. "AH—" he falls to the ground, grabbing at the grass. the vine wraps around his other leg, keeping him restrained. he opens his mouth to yell, but the vines grow faster, wrapping around his torso. his mouth grows dry, and slowly, he runs out of energy. his head goes foggy, and he starts to feel sick.

is this it? am i going to die?

dream's vision starts turning blood-red, and he can't think straight. no. i promised... i promised...

his head spins as guilt courses through him. he never settled things with camille. he promised nihachu he'd return. he'd been a terrible leader for the dream smp. eret never got to be a proper king.

as the vines grew over him, these thoughts raced through his head. i was an asshole. what's wrong with me? ...i can fix it. i can... fix it.

with his last bit of energy, dream struggles against the vines. he clenches his fists and flexes his arms, trying to free himself. but it was all in vain.

***

it's been a day since dream and camille left. three things happened in that time. one, tommy and ponk were brought to bad's lab where he eventually developed an antidote for them. they were currently unconscious, but they seemed to be improving. two, dream hadn't returned to nihachu and wilbur sent out a search party to l'manberg. and finally, camille returned.

she came back, looking distressed. she was crying, and her hormones were all over the place. when she came back, the first person she found was nihachu. she told her everything. about why she and dream argued, why she ran away, where she went... and that she was pregnant.

nihachu was shocked, but was completely supportive. she vowed to always be by camille's side.

"speaking of my baby... where's dream? i need to talk to him. this whole argument, it's so fucking dumb."

nihachu sighs. "we don't know. i'm sorry, camille. he went to l'manberg, looking for you, and he hasn't returned."

"what? didn't you send a search party?"

"we did! he was nowhere..."

"screw this. get me a search party, i'm going. and no! don't try to stop me."

***

a/n: HSFNSHSNCHSXHDHSHS

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3