❝ four ❞

dream hobbles back to the dream smp, tired and hot.

the sun was just starting to rise, as dream made his way along the prime path.

"dream?" purpled intercepts him on his way back to the castle, and lets dream put an arm around his shoulder, "what the fuck happened to you?"

"don't... ask. i need... to talk... to eret and punz." he heaves.

"alright, alright. c'mon, they're in the castle."

purpled escorts dream back to the castle, where punz and eret are talking. eret immediately gets up from their throne, and worriedly looks at dream.

"dream? what happened?"

dream collapses on the ground, and punz sits him up. he then hands dream a gapple, and dream gratefully chomps it up. "i was meeting with camille. she said she-"

"camille?" punz interrupts.

"traitor, camille?" eret checks.

dream nods. "yes. she said she had some important information for me. she claimed wilbur was plotting to kill me, then fundy and tubbo came out of nowhere and lava-d me."

eret chuckles. "why in god's name were you meeting with camille?"

punz eyes him. "dream, what's going on?"

"i told you. she had something to tell me."

punz sighs, grabbing dream's chin. "look at you. weak, and vulnerable. what happened to our courageous leader, that could take anything? now you've been replaced with a weak idiot, who meets up with the enemy."

dream growls, standing up. he leans against a pillar, then straigtens up to his full height. "shut up. i'm not a weak idiot, and l'manberg isn't our enemy. they've got independence; the war's behind us."

"you still think they're not our enemy? after they tried to kill you?"

dream scoffs. "they knew i had a water bucket on me. i always have one on me."

"eret, i think we should declare war on l'manberg. they, with no reason, attacked dream. shouldn't we do something?" punz asked eret.

they nod. "yes, i agree. let's declare war-"

"hold on. punz just gave you that idea, and you went along with it. you're supposed to think about the greater good, eret. how will the war effect the dream smp in the long run?" dream argues.

purpled steps forward, eyeing dream. purpled wasn't usually one to get involved with any sort of arguments or lore, but he felt the urge to point this out. "dream, punz is learning from you. we all acknowledged eret as our king, but we know you were the one behind all the decisions. you fed your ideas to eret, and they went along with them. you influenced him."

eret shakes their head. "enough. i agree with punz, and think it will do good for the dream smp, alright? punz, take purpled and callahan. tell wilbur we want war."

"eret, don't. l'manberg didn't do anything. camille didn-" dream tries.

punz laughs loudly. "ah, the girl. once again. you're still in love with her, aren't you?"

dream scowls, his eyes behind his mask narrowing to slits. "i was never in love with her in the first place."

punz smirks. "the mask may hide the emotions on your face, but they'll never hide the emotions in your voice, dream. you're in love with camille, and that's why you don't want war on l'manberg. not because it'll be bad for the dream smp, not because l'manberg didn't do anything wrong. because you're scared camille will get hurt. well guess what, dream. it's not your choice anymore. you don't get to be the controlling leader you once were. because you chose love over your alliance. so, in the words of wilbur, SUCK IT, GREEN BOY." punz screams.

dream looks over at eret. "eret, you can't be serious."

eret shrugs. "sorry, dream. just... be a good citizen, alright?"

dream laughs. "just be a good citizen," he mocks, "seriously, eret? you know punz is controlling you. you know he's-"

"enough, dream." eret hisses.

eret and punz leave; punz calls for purpled. before purpled leaves, he sighs and turns to dream. "seriously, man? you're still in love with camille? she tried to kill you, dude. maybe reconsider your options?" purpled leaves the throne room, and dream sighs.

"this was not how today should've gone."

***

"mmm, go fish." camille smirks.

rolling his eyes, tommy picks from the middle pile. before the game continues, karl comes rushing in.

"guys! punz, purpled and callahan are here. they've got something to say and they want everyone to hear."

tubbo, tommy and camille exchange a look, then rush out with karl. they're standing near l'mantree, with wilbur and niki in front. fundy and quackity are whispering, while ranboo is just arriving.

punz clears his throat. "listen up, everyone. good to see you all. because of recent events, one of our members has been attacked. it was an unprovoked attack. because of this, king eret has decided to declare war on l'manberg. ladies and gents, we'll see you on the battlefield." the trio turn and leave immediately.

everyone stays silent. camille's heart is beating incredibly loudly, she's almost certain everyone can hear it. wilbur turns and scans the crowd, eyes landing on camille.

"CAMILLE. DINNER ROOM, NOW." he screeches.

camille cringes, and keeps her head down as she follows wilbur to the dinner room. he shuts the door and sits down, resting his head in his hands.

"oh camille. what to do, what to do." he stands up, eyes flashing with white, hot rage. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!" he screams.

***

a/n: oops camille done messed up 🥶

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3