VIII ~ Poppies and the Beatles

To be honest, James didn't really know how to act after the incident

To be honest, James didn't really know how to act after the incident. She had pretended like it never happened, plastering on a brave face and being strong. As they sat in the great hall eating breakfast, he could see her playing with her cereal. Her long golden locks fall in front of her face but she made no effort to brush them away. He remained looking at her for seconds if not minutes. When he looked at her, time stopped. It was like in those muggle movies where everything else would completely freeze except for that one person. And that person was undoubtedly Arabella.

Arabella looked up and was met with a pair of bespectacled eyes. They held eye contact for several seconds, taking each other in, analyzing every single detail on each other's faces. It was only when Sirius cleared his throat and waved his hand in front of Arabella's face did they snap out of their trance.

"what were you saying, Black?"

"well I'm just saying how you need a nickname too"

"ok, what do you have in mind?"

"Well for Violet we have pup cause her Patronus is a dog, and for Liam, we have phoenix cause well his Patronus is a phoenix. But it doesn't have to be according to our patronuses"

"well I don't know, shouldn't we just let it come to us instead of seeking it out?" Arabella said in an oddly philosophical manner. She had a point, how on earth could she be expected to come up with a nickname that would likely follow her around for the rest of her life, on the spot?

Liam snorted, "ok Aristotle, what about something with the stars. You're obsessed with astronomy"

Arabella narrowed her eyes "I am not obsessed. I just believe in the universe and the stars. I see the bigger picture"

"what about twinkle" James spoke up

"twinkle," Peter said spreading his hands apart "genius"

"yeah twinkles not too bad Potter" she smirked

【】【】【】【】

It was their last day of school before summer and they had around three hours till the train left Hogsmeade station. Sirius and Peter were frantically running around having left their packing to the very last minute. Remus was, of course, finished packing and was now reading peacefully on the couch.

"I'm going for a walk" James suddenly announced.

"Say hi to Arabella" Remus smirked knowingly. James rolled his eyes and left the room. Remus wasn't wrong however, James was indeed on his way to Arabella's dorm to ask her on a walk. He changed into his animagus form of a stag and ran up the girl's stairs, before turning back he looked around noticing that it was completely empty.