IX ~ Family drama

*TW: abusive parents/household*

The train ride went way too quickly for Arabella's liking. She had savored every minute, she knew that the next couple of months would be the closest thing to hell on earth. She would have to not only learn how to act like a 'proper lady' but also meet her future husband. Arabella's stomach churned at the thought.

Arabella glanced at her watch and saw they were almost there. She couldn't risk her parents seeing her friends. Not only would she be in danger but they could too.

"I should go see Griffin, bye guys. Have a nice summer" she smiled gingerly

All friends except Vi and Liam looked surprised.

Liam stood up and engulfed the small girl in a hug, she accepted with open arms with tears forming in her eyes. Liam and Sirius were the only ones that truly understood what the next couple of months would look like for her.

"Be careful ok? I love you and before you know it we'll be back at Hogwarts" he said softly

Arabella nodded warily "love you too phoenix"

"Why are you leaving now Twinkle?" Peter asked cluelessly. The nickname 'twinkle' had spread like wildfire, pretty soon everyone was calling her twinkle.

"Uhm my parents will get mad," she said sadly, eyes glued to her shoes.

A look of understanding spread across the compartment. They all looked at her with pity and Arabella hated it.

"Oh don't give me those pity looks, just give me a hug and say you'll write over the summer," the girl said desperately.

Cautiously each member of the group gave the girl a hug and said a reassuring message, all of them promising to write. Sirius had hugged her tight and said "Baise tes parents, je t'aime et tu es plus fort qu'eux! restée en sécurité"

"Je t'aime Black. Toi aussi, d'accord?" Both children had been forced to learn french as children by their sick parents. However, it posed as a rather good secret language as no one else understood.

James was last. He took one glance at the girl and brought her into a bone-crushing hug. He held her as if it was the last time ever and they both savored every minute, every second, every millisecond. This girl had completely changed James' life. For the longest time, he had convinced himself that he was in love with Lily Evans, now he wasn't so sure. Pull yourself together, she's your best friend. Nothing more he thought, he repeated those words in his head religiously.

"My house is always open you know. Fuck your parents, Griffin is always welcome. You deserve better, twinkle, better than what you got. Let me give that to you" he pleaded

She wanted so badly to go with him. But she would leave too many loose ties. Sure, he said Griffin was welcome, but what about Regulus? Was Griffin really welcome? Instead, she nodded sadly and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.