Chapter 10

Daryl's POV

I was sitting on the couch watching Peyton play with her new toys on the floor.

Some of them were trucks and some of them were dolls which she payed no mind too.

Merle followed us home and is now sitting on the floor with Peyton as she shows him each truck.

I'm still not sure if I can trust him, he seems clean but its Merle... I can never be sure, especially with her growing up I don't want her anywhere near that stuff.

I was watching them play on the floor when a loud knock comes from the door.

I look over at Merle and he looks back at me with the same expression confused.

I guess we both didn't notice Peyton get up and go to the door until she came running back in the living room.

The next three words that come out of her mouth send chills down my spine, they make the hairs on my neck stand at end and I pray to god I hear her wrong.

"I'm sorry baby wha'?" I ask making sure I heard her right.

"Mommy is here" she says in her innocent little voice.

Merle and I both stand up quickly and I pick Peyton up and hold her close to me as I quickly walk to the door.

And sure enough Debra stands there in the doorway with a police officer to her right.

He looks really familiar though, as I read his name tag with the name 'Sanders' engraved in it, I quickly realize it's her older brother.

"Daryl Dixon?" Debra's brother announces.

"Wha'?" I ask rudely.

"You're going to have to let Peyton go with Debra for now, if you refuse or don't obey, you will be taken down to the station so I suggest you just do as told." He announces in his 'I'm a cop so I'm better than you' tone.

" like hell I will!! She ain't even been here Peyton's entire life!!" I yell, beyond pissed.

"She has a birth certificate proving that she is the mother of this child, she has the right to take her child" he says, getting annoyed.

"Yeah and so do I!! This woman does drugs and shit! Why in the hell would I want my daughter to go with her!!" I scream as Peyton starts crying in my neck.

"Shh baby it's ok" I whisper while gently playing with her hair trying to calm her down.

"Sir you'll have to take this up to court if you want custody.. but as of right now you are to let this little girl go with her mother." He says pulling out his handcuffs

"When will I get er' back?" My voice cracking as I bounce Peyton in my arms.

"Sunday" Debra says, finally speaking up.

I sigh a loud and frustrated sigh.

"Give me a minute" I try to say but it only comes out a whisper.

I carry Peyton to her room, Merle hot on my trail.

"Ye' ain't seriously letting er' go are ye'?" He asks in disbelief.

"I don' have any other choice Merle... Trust me.. I don' want er' to go" I say while rubbing my hand over my face.

Merle just grunts and leaves the room, kicking the wall in the process.

"Daddy I don't want to go" Peyton cries as I place her down.

I crouch down to her level and hold her shoulders and wipe a few tears from her eyes.

It kills me to see my little girl crying. It kills me to see that and know that there's nothin I can do to help her. It sucks knowing that I'm about to let her go to a drug addicts house, no telling what will happen. It scares me... it scares me to death.

"Baby listen to me... yer a strong lil' girl ok? Yer a Dixon so tha' means yer a strong lil' fighter! Yer my lil' fighter and before ye' know it it'll be Sunday and ye', Uncle Merle, and I can all get icecream.. how does tha' sound baby girl?" I ask trying to keep myself from tearing up.

She sniffles a couple times before nodding. I wipe the rest of the tears from her face. "And baby, Dixons don't cry ok?" I whisper to her and she nods again.

"Ok let's pack some clothes" I whisper sweetly to her and help her pick out some outfits and she grabs the teddy bear she always sleeps with at night.

"Ye' ready sweethear'?" I ask picking her up.

"I guess so" she says but her voice just squeaks and a little bit more of me breaks.

I take her back to the door where Debra and her brother were standing and let Peyton down.

She looks at them then back at me and I give her a slight nod before I watch her slowly walk over to them.

"Come on sweetie... lets go home" Debra says and grabs her arm before starting to walk away.

Peyton looks back at me, wearing her little blue backpack and a sad frown on her face as she clutches her teddy bear to her closely and God does it kill me.

"I love you daddy!" She yells and wipes her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I love you too baby girl!" I yell back to her as she is put into the car and the door slams. "I love you too" I whisper to myself as the car drives away... I feel something drop on my hand, and when I look a little droplet of water rolls it's way off my hand and crashed to the floor, then several more followed and I didn't even bother to wipe them away.

I slowly shut the front door and lean up against it, sliding down the wood until my butt touched the ground.

I held my knees close to my chest and buried my head in my arms and cried like a baby.

It was the first night in five years, that I wouldn't get to tuck my little girl in. I wouldn't get to read a bed time story to or sing our song to her. I would've felt better if the person I sent her off to wasn't a drug addict who has overdosed twice and been to jail over ten times. I only hope that she's not as bad as she was five years ago.

It's only Friday evening and for once I hope this weekend goes by fast, but that won't happen.

==========================

A/n: thank you for all the reads, comments, and votes!! Here's a sad chapter :( ....

They next chapter will be in Peyton's POV!! I'm going to write it kinda of like how a 5 year old would think so grammar might now be the same!! But don't worry! It will be readable I promise because I CAN NOT stand bad grammar so that won't be a problem :)

Comment predictions?

Will something bad happen to Peyton while she's as her moms? Or is her mom all clean and better now?

How do you think Daryl and Merle will react to Peyton being gone?