Oop

"Dr. Gwan, please read the results."

"The DNA results prove that Ahn Ara and Kim Sung-ho are in fact the parents of Kim Jihya." It was as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Sung-ho looked relieved, Ara started crying, and Jin-young looked angry. Really angry. But Chan and Solar just draped their arms over my shoulders, just as relieved as I was that at least this part was over. The judge called the room into order.

"We still have other business to attend to."

"The prosecution would like to call back to the stand Kim Yong-sun." Solar sighed, making her way to the stand.

"Ms. Kim, you've already stated that Mr. Park has made sexual advances toward you. Was that particular situation the only one?"

"No." My breath caught in my throat and I could feel Chan tense up beside me as the court room filled with whispers. The judge called for order.

"How many times has Mr. Park made advances toward you?"

"More than I can count. He would approach me in the hallways, in the garden by the dorms. A few times he even approached me in town."

"And when did this stop?"

"When I graduated and left the school. It started when I first met him when I was in my second year in the high school building."

"And did these advances go any further than inviting you to have sex with him?"

"Yes." I almost couldn't breath. "A few times he touched me inappropriately." I felt my blood start to boil.

"No further questions." When asked if they had any questions, Jin-young's lawyer said no and the next witness was called.

"Delilah Johnson."

(-)

I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't get Delilah's story out of my head. Well, stories. She said there were multiple occurrences, beginning right after she transferred to the school. But what I couldn't get out of my head was what she said when we left the courtroom.

"I'm sorry I took my out my anger toward him on you. That was incredibly unfair, and I know there's nothing I can do to make up for it."

My thoughts somehow drifted to a conversation with Chan a few months ago.

"When I graduate, I think I'm going to audition for the Seoul School of Arts and study to become an actor."

"What about me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think I'm going to be able to leave when I graduate. I think I'll always be stuck here with Jin-young."

"That's not true. You're stronger than you think, you'll get out of here."

"But what will I do without you?"

"One say, we'll grow up and leave this place. Then you won't need me anymore."

"You're wrong. I'll always need you."

Chan's POV

"So... what now?" Reign asked.

"Well, you're free now. You can do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?"

"Well, as long as it's legal." She smiled. "Now, you can do things just because you feel like i-" It was just a fraction of a second, just a peck. But it still happened.

She kissed me.

"What?" she asked after a moment. I guess I was staring at her. Not knowing what else to do, I pulled her closer into a deep, passionate kiss.