Hell

Chan's POV

I walked through the cafeteria with my tray, looking for Chae-sul. I really didn't want to sit alone. I walked toward the back so I get a good look of the entire cafeteria, but I still couldn't see her.

"Do you plan on joining me or are you gonna just stand there like an idiot all day?" I looked down and saw I was standing right next to her.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you." I sat down next to her. "So how many people usually sit with you?"

"Zero."

"Wait, so you sit alone at meals?"

"Well, I haven't always sat alone. Just most of my life. I did have one friend the past three years, but she graduated last year."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm use-" she stopped as a white liquid was poured over her head.

"Oops. I slipped." It was that girl we met in the hallway earlier. Delaney or something like that. "Bye, Cutie," she waved as she walked away.

"Oh my, um,"I I stuttered. "Here, let me help." I grabbed my napkin and attempted to wipe her face.

"No, it's fine. I'll just  go wash up in the bathroom. See you at dinner."

Chae-sul's POV

I ran to the bathroom, trying not to cry because of how angry I was. I wiped my face with a wet paper towel, then  ran it over my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked like shit. The door opened and I turned to leave.

"I'm not finished with you," I heard Delilah say as she grabbed my arm, keeping me in the bathroom.

"That's unfortunate, because I'm finished with you." I tried to leave again, but she pulled me back. "What is your problem."

"My problem is you. You think you're so special just because you're the principal's daughter."

"I have literally never said that. I'm just trying to mind my own business and graduate, unlike you."

"Then why does it seem like you think you have some claim on the new guy?"

"Again, I have literally never said that. I'm being friendly and letting him sit with me because he hasn't made friends yet."

"What about earlier? Leaving class to meet him in the hall isn't exactly being friendly."

"I was asked to show him around the school. You know, since I'm the principal's daughter." She stopped for a moment, contemplating her next move. But I wasn't about to let her win. "You know, I really wish you would have stayed in America. Not because you make my life as difficult as you think, but because you're really annoying. It makes it really hard for others to focus on their studies when you can't seem to mind your own business. It really brings our school's rank down." She threw my arm back at me, fury burning in her eyes.

"You better watch yourself. Just because you're the first person he met, doesn't mean I can't have him."

"I never sa-" I froze, the dots connecting. "You're intimidated by me."

"I-I never said that."

"Actually, you just did." Before she could answer, the bell rang. "I better get back to class. You know, since I'm so intimidating."

(-)

I plopped down at my table, laying my head down. I was so tired, I couldn't wait until I could go to sleep. But that wouldn't be for hours because of the countless chores I had to do once I got back home.

"You seem so energetic, please calm down so I can peacefully eat my dinner." I looked up and saw Chan sitting down next to me. I smiled at him.

"It must be my bright personality." I looked around the cafeteria and spotted Delilah glaring at me from a few tables away.

"So, Delaney. Is that her name?" I turned to see he was staring at her with a look of disapproval.

"Delilah."

"Well, if looks could kill, you'd be dead ten times over."

"Ten million, if you count every single day growing up with her."

"You grew up with her?"

"Minus a year. She transferred from America our second year of school. She's been determined to make my life a living hell since then."

"Can't you do anything about it? I mean, your father is the principal." I sighed, picking at my nails.

"No." I let my hair fall in front of my face, hiding the tear that was falling down my face.

"Are you sure? I'm sure if you told him about-"

"I don't  want to explain it." I wiped the tear from my cheek and grabbed my bag, heading home.