009. sometimes home is a person

Aldertree clapped his hands together before he said, "Now, let's get to it

Aldertree clapped his hands together before he said, "Now, let's get to it. I've reviewed your statements, along with the reports of your unsanctioned missions. And I can come to no other conclusion that Jace Wayland is a traitor to the Clave."

Madeline cleared her throat, "Jace is not a traitor." She stated, catching the attention of Aldertree and others. Alec stood by his sisters side, also looking at Aldertree with a stern expression.

"Point of fact. Clary said Jace called to warn you about Valentine's trap, which got me thinking... Jace had multiple chances to kill Valentine, but he chose to let him leave. Now, Valentine, Jace, and the Cup are missing. Do the math."  Aldertree insisted before Clary and Isabelle joined Alec and Madi's sides.

"There is no way we're gonna help you hunt Jace!" Clary growled. "And I'd never ask you to. You and your friends are prohibited from any further involvement for the hunt for Jace Wayland." Aldertree decided as Izzy and Clary looked shocked. "Are you fucking kidding me!?" Madi snapped angrily at Aldertree.

Aldertree turned back to the crowd. "The rest of you, back to work. I'm lifting the lockdown on the Institute, except for Madeline, Clary and Jocelyn. Given your relationship to Valentine and Jace, I wanna keep a close eye on you."

Madi's glare hardened, and she turned on her heels and left. Isabelle and Alec watched her leave, also feeling furious.

☠︎︎

As Magnus is practicing magic on his balcony shirtless, Malia laid on the sofa, reading through some mundane magazine she found on the way home.

"Anyway.. I wanted to kiss Clary," Malia began, calling out to Magnus who was still on the balcony. "And I think she wanted to kiss me.. not fully sure— but we didn't get the chance because Simon interrupted us." The younger Bane huffed. "Do you think he is jealous?"

Magnus didn't respond, too busy focusing on practicing his magic. Malia sighed, sitting upright, before she heard a knock at the door.

"Mags, put a damn shirt on. It's cold out." Malia huffed to her brother, before she walked over to the apartment door, opening it to see Alec. "Oh hey cutie. You here for me?" Malia asked, teasingly as Alec deadpanned her. "Don't flirt with me. I'll tell you now that I'm definitely not interested." Malia shrugged, "Fine. I'll stop."

The warlock stepped aside, "I take it you're here for Magnus?" She asked, as Alec nodded, taking a step inside. "Did you guys have a little lover's spat? He doesn't seem.. too happy." Malia asked. Alec felt a pang of guilt, but didn't answer her, instead he walked over to the balcony. "Nice chat!" Malia muttered under her breath.