022. lollipops are for the mentally ill

Malia walked away from the rooftop, prepared to open a portal and head back to her apartment, but a voice stopped her

Malia walked away from the rooftop, prepared to open a portal and head back to her apartment, but a voice stopped her. The Bane reluctantly turned around, her eyes meeting Clary's. "Malia please, can we talk about what happened?" She asked softly, as Malia felt her body stiffen.

I can't love her

"What is there to say, Clary?" The warlock asked. Clary bit her lip, seeming anxious. "Malia... I really like you." She confessed. "I don't know if maybe I got the wrong idea but.. if what happened really made you uncomfortable, can we just.. go back to being friends?" The Fairchild asked. "I.. I don't want to lose you."

Malia felt her heart sink, by the sincerity in Clary's voice. "You didn't get the wrong idea.. I kissed you." Malia began, "But it shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry." The raven haired girl concluded, as Clary opened her mouth to say something, but her breath seemed to catch in her throat.

"Goodnight Clary." Malia said, before she opened a portal. Clary quickly reached her arm out, "Malia, wait—" She began to call out, but it was too late. The Bane was already gone.

☠︎︎

The next day

Madeline, Isabelle and Alec all stood in front of the screen, replaying a video from the night before. Alec paused it and pointed to a flicker of light. "There. They said that was the Angel." Alec stated. Isabelle shrugged, "It could have been a shooting star." She suggested. "Are you saying you don't believe Jace and Clary?" Madi asked Isabelle before Alec added, "I thought you'd be impressed."

Isabelle faced her siblings, "I'm not saying I don't believe them. It's just that no one's seen an Angel in hundreds of years." She said before she closed the holographic screen. "So Alec, did you take my advice about Magnus?" She suddenly asked, as Madi sent a smirk towards her brother, who blushed. "You did, didn't you? Okay, start talking." Izzy demanded, with a grin. "There's nothing to talk about." Alec insisted.

Their little brother, Max, suddenly raced up to them. "Hey, you guys." He boomed, excitedly. "Max!!" Madi chirped, bending down to hug her younger brother. "Hey, buddy. How are you doing?" Alec asked, with a smile.

Once Max got out of Madi's arms, he was hugged by Isabelle. "Max! I missed you so much! You look so handsome. What are you doing here?" She asked, all in one breath, before Maryse walked in.

"Alec. Madi. Isabelle. It's good to see you three."

"Really?" Isabelle and Madeline asked in unison, and somewhat snappily. Alec frowned, "Izzy, Madi—" He said but was cut off as his sisters continued. "Last time you were here, you turned your back on all of us." Isabelle growled before Madi added, "Especially Jace."