015. madi and jace

Madeline and Isabelle laid in beds in the infirmary, fast asleep

Madeline and Isabelle laid in beds in the infirmary, fast asleep. Alec, Jace and Malia stood nearby, conversing quietly. Isabelle had woken up and gone back to sleep, but Madi hadn't once opened her eyes since Malia had strangled her to the point of passing out.

"I killed Jocelyn." Alec blurted, visibly angry and upset with himself. "Clary has every right to hate me." He added. Malia and Jace shook their heads, "That wasn't you, Alec."

Malia peered over at Madi, as Jace continued to reassure Alec. She couldn't believe she'd nearly killed the Lightwood, even if it wasn't her.

Madeline suddenly sucked in a sharp breath, before she woke up. "Madi?" Alec got to his feet, and rushed over to his sister. "Alec?" Madi groggily asked sitting up, before Alec hugged her. Madeline hugged her brother back, sensing how worried he had been. "It's okay.. I'm okay." Madi said quietly, before Alec pulled away.

"Madi.. I'm so sorry." Malia managed to say, as Madi looked up at her, "Don't be. That wasn't you." The Lightwood insisted before Jace lurched forward, hugging the smaller girl. Madi hugged him back, relieved and grateful to finally be in his arms.

"I'm so glad that you're okay." Jace said, before he pulled away, not once breaking eye contact. "Jace.." Madi began, but Jace already knew where this was going. "I need to talk to you too.. but wait until you're out of the infirmary, okay?" He asked, caressing her cheek with his hand. Madi nodded, "Yeah. Sure."

☠︎︎

Sometime later

Malia ingested another potion, before she looked thankfully at her brother. Magnus could notice that her demeanour was off, "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. Malia sighed, "No. I nearly killed your boyfriend's sister." She insisted. "Madi is a pain in my ass.. But I didn't want her to suffer like that."

Magnus placed a hand on her shoulder, "It wasn't you.. and Madeline is okay. That's all that matters." He insisted, putting on a smile. "But Alec isn't." Malia piped up. "He needs you, Mags."

Magnus went to ask about how Alec was doing, but there was a knock at the door. Malia faced it, and flicked her wrist, opening the door telekinetically to reveal Clary and Simon, standing in the doorway.

"Clary." Malia blurted, stepping away from Magnus as she rushed over to embrace the Fray. Clary hugged Malia back, surprised that Malia had initiated this. "I'm so sorry for your loss." Malia insisted, before she stepped away from the Fray, but looked at her sympathetically. Simon just watched in surprise, as the girl weeks ago that was trying to kill them and everything in her path, was now looking to Clary, eyes filled with sorrow and love.