012. parabatai lost

"Jace, I

"Jace, I..."

Isabelle and Madeline watched as Alec was delirious, and Magnus was trying to use his magic to bring Alec back.

"It's not working." Isabelle stated, her shoulders slumped.
"I'm sorry, Isabelle." Magnus said as he tried to use his magic again. "Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls. Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strength. It's an angelic bond. My magic can only do so much."

Madi's face fell, "So Jace is like this, too?" She asked, scared that she could possibly lose both of them, for good. She couldn't bare it, Alec and Jace meant everything to her.

"Not necessarily. It appears that when Alec called out to him, part of his soul never returned. Now he's stuck, lost somewhere between himself and his parabatai." Magnus explained, activating his magic again.

"But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul..." Isabelle trailed off. "We may very well have the cure. Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly." Magnus explained. "Stay with Alec. I'll go find Jace." Isabelle said before she rushed out the door.

Madi looked sadly at her brother, wondering if there was anyway she could take this pain from him, and suffer the consequences instead of Alec. Her brother had a loving boyfriend, an amazing parabatai and was on the road to becoming an incredible leader. She wasn't going to let him die.

☠︎︎

Malia's eyes fluttered open, as she found herself staring at the large empty sky. The sound of waves crashed all around her, and with the smell of salt in the air, she soon put together that she had washed up at a beach.

The Bane sat up, still feeling quite weak from the injection Valentine had forced upon her. She looked around for any sign of Clary or Jace, but she was all alone.

Malia scrambled to her feet and tried to open a portal, hoping to go to the Institute and find Clary— assuming the Fray was there, but nothing was working.

"My.. my magic.." Malia blurted aloud before trying once again to open a portal, but for it to be unsuccessful again.

Malia swallowed thickly, trying to think of what to do... she was stuck in a city that she barely knew, and without her magic that could easily transport her to her brother's apartment or the Institute.

Her phone suddenly rang, and she picked it up, surprised it had survived all of that water and was still even in her pocket, before she then remembered she'd cast a protection spell on it days ago.

Malia answered the call, placing the phone to her ear. "Who is this and why have I labelled your contact don't answer?" The warlock asked. "Malia, it's Madeline... Lightwood." A voice came through the phone. "Look.. I know we don't really get along but I need your help— it's Alec he... he.."