Chapter 9: Part 2

Song above: All Too Well (nightcore version)
artist: Jake Scott

*Bakugo*

When the memories started to flow back I completely lost it. My feet started moving without me knowing it. So. Many. Things. 

Maybe seeing Ochako wasn't a good idea. I didn't plan for this to happen though. It just...did. Seeing my old classmates, telling my story, it all didn't have me feeling the way I planned. So I ran away. Maybe they wouldn't follow me. Maybe they would leave me alone. Maybe-

But they weren't those type of people. So I kept running. Running and running until I fell down, soon unconscious.

~~~

"Is he alright?"

"What does it look like Ejioru?! He's lying on the ground right in front of you!!"

"Gezz sorry. I was just asking."

"Is he gonna wake up any time soon?"

"Was it all too much for him? Retelling his story?"

"Might have been. That's why he ran off but then he fell into that hole."

"Must have not been watching where he was going."

"No joke bruh! Didn't you just-"

"Guys, guys! Stop! Give him some space. I think he's waking up now." 

My eyes started to open as they said that. My head was pounding right now. Did I really fall into a hole? I felt everyone slowly move away but I knew they were all still there. "Katsuki?" The sun shone in my eyes still, it blinded me. "Katsuki, are you alright?"

"Oi, who is that?"

"I-it's me. Ochako." Ochako?! Great, just great. Several things I wanted to avoid and run away from but I have to stop doing that. "Here," she told me handing me her hand. I hestitated at first before grabbing it.

"Ow geez-" 

"What is it Katsuki?" she asked as she brought me to my feet.

"I-it's nothing."

"Lemme see your wrist." When she mentioned my wrist everyone crowded around. I almost flinched as I realized her holding my wrist. It wasn't anything to get excited over though. She was married, just recently lost her husband. Compared to me, I'm nothing but a nuisance and a guy with anger issues. Even though I tried to get better at those I'd say I'm not as bad as before but clearly that won't have an effect on her.

"It's fine, I told you."

"But-"

"No!" I snapped. "I'll just go back to the hotel and fix it," I returned then got up and left.

"Katsuki!" But I didn't answer back to them. I couldn't do this right now. It's too soon. I'm not strong, I'm weak. And I always will be. No matter how much I try I'll never be strong enough. I'll never be good enough. I'll never change her heart. She'll never accept me as my feelings for her where still present. 

After running I finally reached the hotel. When I arrived I ran straight to my room and punched my pillows. Over and over again, nonstop until I felt the pain and soreness rushing up my arms. I fell down on the bed and soon sleep came over me. But even in my dreams I can't escape Ochako or the rest of my past.

~In Katsuki's dream~

"Katsuki, I bet you can't tag me!" Young Ochako called to her friend.