Chapter 10

**Ayyy, I'm back! I'm gonna try and keep up with this story and finish it soon! Spoiler: there's gonna be about 1-2 more special chapters and 9-11 regular chapters. I'm excited to start continuing this story now and realized how much I missed writing it. Anyways, on with the story~**

"Promise me?" she asked.

"I promise."

I responded in my sleep without knowing it. Thankfully, there was no one else in my room. Why did I dream of the past? That kinda annoyed me, I thought once I woke up and got dressed.

Heartbreak sucks. That's something I knew for a while. Watching someone who you love and they loved you back, only for them to fall in love with your friend, marry them and have a kid in the future. Worst of all, she completely had forgotten who I was.

It all just sucks.

I'm tired of it! The only reason why I came back here was to visit Deku's funeral and now I'm faced with the past. I should have seen this coming. Why didn't I see it coming? It's DEKU and not someone else! Of course they would be here!

By now I was already pulling out the strands to my hair. I was going to crazy for no reason. Just because of Deku!? Or was that a reason? Maybe it wasn't? I couldn't be sure anymore...

Before I could to go the bathroom, I heard my phone buzz from the side of my bed. Making sure it wasn't anybody important, I went to go check the notification. It winded up being a text from Ejirou.

Ejioru:
Hey! Are you gonna come to Izuku's funeral preparations?

Katsuki:
Funeral preparations?

Ejirou: 
to make sure everything is alright before his funeral

Katsuki:
Why should I?

Ejirou:
Maybe it'd be respectful?

Katsuki:
I'm just going as a spectator

Ejirou:
No

Katsuki:
What the hell do you mean no?!

Ejirou:
Izuku wanted you to say a few words at his funeral
He said he wanted that if he died before you

Katsuki:
And when the hell did he say that!!?!

Ejirou:
3rd year of high school
He had hope that if you were still alive and we died before that then he'd want you to say a few words
He never let go of that hope
You were his friend, Katsuki

Katsuki:
I wasn't a friend to him!
I bullied him throughout his life and he still has the urge to call me his friend?!

Ejirou: 
yeah

That one response, even though it was simple, stopped me in my thoughts. I probably won't ever understand why he still called me his friend up until his dying day. 

I guess I'll admit it, I bullied him. But he was annoying and got on my damn nerves at times. So now why? Why did it have to be now of all times for him to die? Suddenly pass away? 

Katsuki:
No one would want me to be a part of it anyways. What's the damn point?

I sat there on my bed waiting for an answer, a response, to come. Maybe he was busy, maybe he didn't know the answer. Maybe he went to ask others.

After waiting for ten minutes, I decided to get up and wash up. There was no way I could be a part of his funeral. Even though I didn't kill him, I hurt him in the past. Also, there was the fact that I DIDN'T EVEN WANT to be in it!! Why now?

Once I came out I saw a text from my phone that was sent two minutes ago.

Ejirou:
You can't ignore it
We all agreed, even Ochako

Katsuki:
go away

Ejioru:
???

Katsuki:
I DON'T WANT TO BE IN IT

Ejirou:
You got no choice
Meet us in two hours, alright?

Katsuki:
no

Ejirou:
yes
See you then

Katsuki:
Fine
What do while I wait

Ejirou:

Shoot, I don't know dude

Katsuki:
GIVE ME IDEAS

Ejirou:
You just figure it out

Katsuki:

Sometimes I hate you

Ejioru:
Thanks bro

Katsuki:
Wow

Ejirou:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I started doing random things but found my endgame being writing. In the end it wasn't anything special but took my mind off somethings and people for a while. Or, it did until I fully saw what it was.

But it didn't matter. The end result was something that a part of my mind took over for. Time had already passed though and it was time to head out. I grabbed my stuff and headed to meet up with everyone else.

Before I left I turned my head and took one last look at my small "finished" project. Wasn't nothing much but it spoke the truth. 

Deku's Funeral
There might have not been any cherry blossoms falling on top of us when we first met, but that doesn't stop me from calling you my friend. Nor from me missing you now that you're gone.