Chapter 11

A/N: Finally continuing after 2-3+ years but this time I plan on focusing to complete this story and hopefully be finished around chapter 18-21. Hope y'all enjoy!

Previously on "Since He's Gone..."

"Promise me?" she asked.

"I promise."

I responded in my sleep without knowing it. Thankfully, there was no one else in my room. Why did I dream of the past? That kinda annoyed me, I thought once I woke up and got dressed.

Heartbreak sucks. That's something I knew for a while. Watching someone who you love and they loved you back, only for them to fall in love with your friend, marry them and have a kid in the future. Worst of all, she completely had forgotten who I was.

It all just sucks.

I'm tired of it! The only reason why I came back here was to visit Deku's funeral and now I'm faced with the past. I should have seen this coming. Why didn't I see it coming? It's DEKU and not someone else! Of course they would be here!

By now I was already pulling out the strands to my hair. I was going to crazy for no reason. Just because of Deku!? Or was that a reason? Maybe it wasn't? I couldn't be sure anymore...

Before I could to go the bathroom, I heard my phone buzz from the side of my bed. Making sure it wasn't anybody important, I went to go check the notification. It winded up being a text from Ejirou.

....

Deku's Funeral
There might have not been any cherry blossoms falling on top of us when we first met, but that doesn't stop me from calling you my friend. Nor from me missing you now that you're gone.

Continuing...

*Ejirou*

To him, it might've been a surprise of why Izuku wanted him in his funeral. To me, I knew. 

Even though he wasn't to blame, I'm pretty sure, Izuku always felt bad about Bakugo leaving and thinking he committed suicide. That's what we all thought, even the people who witnessed it! But a few years later, we were proven wrong by his turn up.

What Deku believed also came in contrast with what he felt. He believed that Katsuki died, we all did, but a corpse wasn't exactly found. That alone gave him enough hope to fight with his thoughts and belief of the death.

"If he is alive," he would say. "If he is alive and I die before him, I'd like him to speak at my funeral. I'm just hoping that before I die if he's alive, I would get to see him at least one last time." His wish would never be fulfill.

By the time his childhood friend reappeared in our lives, but private as possible to the public, Midoriya had already died. I know that if he were to come face to face with Katsuki he would have the happiest grin, comparable to the one he had on his wedding day. The guilt he has weighing on his shoulders makes him feel like he's weak. Over the years it's been doing nothing but building up. Many didn't see it but a handful did.

"Please, Katsuki," I whispered to myself, "do it for him..."

*Bakugo*

My clothes were nothing fancy. After being away for so long, avoiding formal events, I forgot well how to dress. Each time I thought of speaking out in front of the crowd, not only the private funeral but the one being broadcasted to the public, my hands grew sweaty and my breathing felt like it was cut short. No bone in my body felt like it could do it, but my mind told me I had to.