Chapter Six

Today was the day to meet my parents and I was beyond nervous. Liam had dressed up nicely to match my outfit. He walked behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist before pecking my cheek.

"It's going to be okay pup." He said.

"I'm just nervous that's all. What if they forgot how I look?" I asked.

"Of course they would remember what you look like."  He replied as he kissed my cheek.

"I wonder if they have been looking for me? It has been two years." I stated.

"Stop driving yourself crazy pup. We will find out all the answers to your question in less than thirty minutes." He stated.

I took a deep breath trying not to get on his nerves but I was so afraid to see them again. I found it crazy that I was only thirty minutes away from them and they never thought to look for me here. We were getting ready to get into the vehicle when Matt came over. He smiled before saying,

"Be safe alpha."

Liam laughed before closing my door and nodding his head. We pulled out of the drive and disappeared down this trail. The car was filled with silence as we drove through the woods. Liam didn't know that I knew about how much trouble we could get in for this but I refused to let anyone harm him or me. When we made it to the end of the trial we were greeted by the highway. I felt tears form in the wells of my eyes, I was so close but yet so far from home.

Liam drove a few more minutes and we were in the town that I knew as my home. I was glad his windows were tinted because everyone was staring at the vehicle with their questioning eyes. We pulled into the driveway of my home and I turned to Liam. He put the car in park before turning to me and kissing my forehead.

"It's going to be okay pup."  He said before opening his door.

He came around to my side and opened my door before helping me out. I took a deep breath before walking up to the front door. I rang the doorbell listening to the footsteps coming towards the door. A child opened the door and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mom there is a girl at the door." The young boy said.

"I'm sorry I must have the wrong house." I said.

I turned to walk away but I paused when I saw my father coming into the driveway. Where was my mom? Who was the lady at the door? I rushed over to my father the minute I saw him but he didn't hug me. He just stood there at first. I thought maybe he was shocked to see me but when he pushed me away I knew I was wrong.

"Dad, it's me. It's Jana." I said in a shaky voice.

"I only have one daughter and she is only three months old." He replied.

"D-Dad?" I cried out.

"Look I don't know you. Please leave my property." He replied coldly.

"Dad, where is mom?" I asked.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" He said.

"WHERE IS MY MOTHER?" I yelled out as he turned around and slapped me.

"You have no right to be here. You are no longer my responsibility. Do this town a favor and never come back here again." He expressed in a cold tone.

I wiped my tears before nodding my head and reaching into my pocket. I threw my necklace at him before saying,

"So much for number one parents."

I turned and got back into the car ignoring Liam calls to me. He wanted me to stay and fix the problem but it was clear that my dad wanted nothing to do with me. No wonder no one had come to find me. I wiped my tears as I looked up and saw Liam nowhere. I kept looking around for him as I got out of the vehicle.