Chapter Sixteen

I woke up to the sound of a machine beeping. The first thing I checked for was my children. I felt my stomach and recognized I was pregnant but now I was worried about Elijah and Liam. I looked to my right and saw Liam in the bed and I looked to my left and saw an empty bed. I felt something move at the foot of bed and I looked down seeing Elijah there. He smiled faintly before moving up to me and holding my hand. I couldn't understand the look in his eyes but it made me feel this indescribable pain.

"I'm sorry. If we didn't fight you wouldn't be here." He said.

"No, it's fine. I had been feeling light headed all day." I replied softly.

"He's unconscious for now. Bella said there is something in his bloodstream that put him under this spell." Elijah explained.

"His ex-lover is in jail for now. Elijah can I have a moment alone with Jana please." Matt interrupted.

Elijah nodded his head before getting up and leaving the room. I looked at Liam's sleeping body that wasn't even close to healing. Matt took a seat beside me and said,

"Lexi placed some elixir in his drink and wiped away his feelings for you. I know the last thing you want to hear is that you have stayed here but Jana there is more to the story. Lexi and Liam met once when he was hiding his lifestyle from the world. Liam never wanted to be a wolf and everyone knew it. So when he was eighteen he disappeared from here for about three years and when he came home he had Lexi on his arm. His father was beyond furious with him." Matt took a deep breath before continuing.

"At first they didn't accept Lexi and they made them stay in the cabins out on the outskirts of town. It took months of convincing before his parents accepted her. Her sweet innocent act washed away and we all saw her true colors. She spent half of Liam's allowance in less than an hour. She broke every rule there was and Liam's parents told him it was time to show her what he was." Matt paused for a minute.

"So that night we all shifted in front of her and she was scared. Liam tried to make her understand that we wouldn't hurt her but she threatened to run away and tell everyone about our location. Liam's parents locked her up for three months. Everyday Liam would go and see her but she would refuse his request. In the fourth month she was given the choice to marry Liam and stay with him for the rest of her life or to leave."Matt continued.

"And she chose to leave." I inquired.

"No, she chose to stay but only for the money. During that time we didn't have to guard the area so while everyone was sleeping she stole his money and left. Bella was able to track her down instantly and she erased her memories and took back the money." He explained.

"How was she able to remember this place then?" I asked.

"Any witch that does dark magic can lift a spell. Who I don't know." He explained.

"Is that why Liam was able to recognize me as his wife again?" I asked.

"He hadn't been drinking the tea she was giving him. Slowly his memories started to come back and by time he opened his eyes up, you were leaving." Matt explained.

"What's wrong with him now?" I asked.

"He is sedated to keep him calm." Matt replied.

"I can't go back into his arms Matt. It's too hard and complicated to be with him. No matter how I tried to tear down his walls it never worked. I showed him countless times that he was the man that owns my heart but he kept slamming the door in the face and embarrassing me in public. Now I'm stuck with his mark on me and my heart is still crying out for him but I have to protect what I have left." I explained.