Chapter 8

I woke up to Jana hugging my body tightly. I kissed her forehead softly as she cuddled herself deeper into my embrace. I knew that Amber wasn't going to give up but I couldn't give her the type of relationship she wanted. I had explained this multiple times but she refused to believe me. I loved Jana and no one else could replace her. She scared me to death when she ran away that night and I needed her to understand that no one else could cloud my love for her.

My grandmother told me that she needed to talk to Jana and I. I knew the speech she was about to give but I knew the consequences of rejecting my mate but I didn't care. Jana was all I needed and if that meant giving up my title then so be it. Jana's eyes opened slowly and I smiled as she adjusted to the light in the room. She smiled when she noticed I was already awake.

"Morning Alpha." She whispered softly.

"Morning pup." I replied before pecking her lips.

"My grandma wants to talk to us before breakfast." I said

She nodded her head before cuddling into my arms deeper. I hugged her tightly letting her take in my scent as I did the same. Her scent was enough to calm my soul but it also made me feel like I was at home. She would never hurt me and I knew it which made me love her more than I had ever loved anything.

Once we got ready, we walked out to the back porch where my grandmother was. She smiled when she saw us together. She patted the seat beside her and Jana took it, making my grandmother smile brightly. There was a small piece of silence that sat upon us until my grandmother spoke.

"You two don't remember each other do you?" She asked.

"Jana was only two years old and you were four. She was frightened after watching the wolves shift and you were the only one that could make her stop crying." My grandmother continued.

"What?" I questioned.

"Her mother was half wolf half witch. Bella is actually her older sister. Jana was the offspring of a human so that's why she had a little wolf DNA. That's why she can hear Li and why you were able to mark her.'' My grandmother continued.

"That's why my mother was allowed to explore the woods." Jana questioned.

"Yes my dear and that's also why you are able to have pups. You can't shift but you can bear having them. You should be stronger than most too." My grandmother continued.

"But why would my mother hunt down the pack if she was a wolf too." She asked.

"Your mother didn't join in that fight. You see your mother hid that one secret from your father for a long period of time. It wasn't until you came up missing that she revealed her secret to him and he left her." My grandmother explained.

"W-What?" Jana responded.

"Yes, you see your mother was banished from her pack because she fell in love with a human. You have a brother too. He was part of a pack but once they kicked your mother out he was thrown out too." She continued.

"He has been hunting these woods for years killing innocent humans all because of his anger towards your mother. You must never venture out into the forest Jana. If he picks up on your scene he may kill you." My grandmother stated.

"I won't grandma." She said before hugging my grandmother.

Jana had this innocent aura around her that always seemed to intrigue me. She wasn't out to harm anyone; she just wanted to show love to those she trusted. I was excited knowing that she was my wife no matter how rough we started off. She still managed to take my heart instantly. My grandmother had gone back inside and Jana and I were sitting side by side. She pecked my cheek before saying,