Chapter Seven

I hadn't talked to Liam in two days and tonight was the full moon. I walked up to the room and laid on the bed listening to the wolves in the backyard. Liam had been busy with his new woman friend and I had recently started working with the women who had pups. I hated the feeling that I felt but I knew deep down in my soul something was different now. I stood up and walked to the window and I watched how he smiled with her and how she laughed.

She had everything that I could never be. I wiped my tears before disappearing from the window. I walked into the ballroom and just stared out at the woods. I couldn't change his heart nor could I compete with the new woman he had grown fond of. I watched them all take off into the woods as I cried silently. I watched the night go by until the sun was about to come up and then I went into the room and began to get ready to meet his parents.

I put on a dress and pinned up my hair cutely before going downstairs and cooking breakfast. I didn't know much but I knew they would need robes so I went and placed three robes outside the door. I left the backdoor open and continued cooking. Once I was done, I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs as I walked around the corner ready to run into his arms until I saw him and her holding hands again.

"Jana go get any extra robe for Amber please." Liam called out as I nodded my head.

"No son, just give her yours and you go inside." His father said.

He did as he was told and led Amber in the house. He didn't give me one look, breaking my heart even more. I turned to walk away when I felt a hand on my arm. The woman placed her hand on my stomach before sighing.

"Mom, stop that." His father said.

"Stop what son, you should've told your son to stop." The older lady said.

They went upstairs leaving me behind as I went into the kitchen and set the table for them. I had just finished when Amber came down in some of my clothes. She smirked before sitting down at the table.

"You are the alpha's human girlfriend right?" She asked.

"It's okay. I'm his mate so you won't stand a chance against me." She continued.

I nodded my head and walked out of the back door. I didn't want to believe any of this but I knew she had to be his mate. I sat down in the grass as I just stared out into the woods knowing that from this moment on it would just be me on my own. So much for our promise. I chuckled before wiping my tears that had escaped my eyes.

"Jana?!" Liam called out.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Come eat." He yelled out. I walked back to the back-porch. He smiled before kissing my forehead as I fake a smile.

"She's not okay. Why would you bring Amber here?" Li questioned.

"You are a dumbass." Li stated.

"I already ate." I said softly.

"When?" He questioned.

"Before I got ready for the day. I'll be down at the daycare if you need me." I said before walking down the steps and leaving.

I could hear him calling out to me but I just ignored him. I walked down to the area where I originally lived and found it was still vacant. I walked over to the elder in the building and said,

"Is that place still available?"

"I see, Luna kicked you out early. I can't wait to see what she is going to do when she finds out that he marked you." The elder said.

"I think she will be able to fix everything he has done." I replied.

"You know dear, you have something that she doesn't have." The elder said.