Chapter Nine

My mother smiled happily as Liam's grandmother pulled me next to them. I smiled brightly knowing that I had finally found love. It wasn't just pretend anymore, it was real and better than I had ever imagined. My mother took my hand into hers and walked me out to the backyard. She cupped my face before saying,

"I'm sorry that I never told you about your life before baby. I never thought that you would go into the woods nor did I think you would fall in love with the alpha." She said.

"I was trying to fit in, mom. They dared me to go into the woods and promised that they would come find me." I explained.

"I told you Jana you are different for a reason. You are amazing all by yourself and don't forget that." My mother expressed in a loving tone.

"I know mom but being by myself was terrible." I responded.

"I'm sorry baby, I never took time to recognize the small things. You just slowly started to become quiet and I thought maybe you were going through a phase but I never took the time to ask." She explained.

"It's okay mom, now I don't have to be alone anymore."I replied as she pulled me into a hug.

"Alpha Liam is going to take care of you. I know he won't hurt you nor will he neglect you." My mother expressed in a loving tone.

"Thank you for accepting him mom. I know it seems like everything went fast between us but I can't quite explain the joy and fullness I feel from being around him." I explained.

"It's called being in love, baby. You are in love with Alpha Liam." She replied with the biggest smile on her face.

"Will you all be staying for a little bit?" I asked.

"Sorry to interrupt but Alpha Liam would like to see you Jana." Ryan said.

"Go, I'll be right here, baby." My mom said.

I smiled and walked back inside the house. Liam was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled before holding my hand and walking up the stairs. We entered his room and he sat down on the bed before pulling me closer to him. I ran my fingers through his hair allowing him to rest in my embrace.

"We have to go to a ball tonight. You have to stay near me." He stated.

"What's wrong Alpha?" I asked.

"It's nothing pup, I just don't want you being in danger." He replied.

"I'm not in danger here though. I have you to protect me and I've been trained by the best. You don't have to be worried about me in that way." I expressed in a loving tone.

"Pup, you know that even if there wasn't an ounce of danger around I would still worry. Wolves have been getting attacked recently and wolves have been breaking into the pack's land. I just don't know what to expect anymore." He explained before hugging me tighter.

I cupped his face and placed a kiss on his lips taking in all of this pain and worries. He pulled me closer to him as he deepened the kiss, getting drunk off of the love I had for him. When we broke the kiss, I cupped his face and pecked his lips once more before saying,

"Take a nap with me."

"I'll set an alarm for two hours." He replied before laying his phone on the nightstand.

He pulled me into his arms and I watched as he drifted off to sleep. This man was going to be the death of me but I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted to take away all of his worries. I only wanted to see him laughing. I pecked his lips once more drifting off to sleep.

........

I woke up to my mother and Mrs.Luz shaking me awake.I groaned as I saw Liam was gone from beside me.