Chapter 12

Y/n's POV

Over the past couple of days, Sirius and I have become really close. We are each others anchor. We went shopping for Ballgown and Dress-robes for the Yule Ball (A/n: Dude, I don't know how I'm gonna outdo the dresses from the Halloween Masquerade Ball). I've caught Regulus looking at me once or twice, but I can't talk bad about it considering that I've caught myself doing the same thing. I. Just. Need. To. Move. On. 

Word got around that Regulus and I aren't talking (A/n: Its been like two months. Not two weeks. This is longer than any of my relationships have lasted.).My friends don't know what happened, but are supportive nonetheless. Y/b/f gave me a gift basket full of m/f/c (A/n: It means my favorite candy), Sydney and Josie are with me at all times, and the Black sisters are keeping me distracted. All they know is that I'm upset and its somehow Regulus's fault. But they won't ask. Which I'm grateful for. 

As I'm walking to Potions with Sirius, I hear someone say to their friend, "Did you hear? We're smelling our Amortentia in Potions today!" 

Shit

Shit shit shit shit shit. 

SHIT!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO GET ATTACHED AGAIN!!! I WAS DOING SO GOOD!!!

Sirius seems to guess my mood and says, "well maybe you won't smell him." He hisses the "him" as if it was some vile thing at the bottom of his shoe.

"Your right. Who says I was in love anyway?" (A/n: I can give this girl a whole PowerPoint presentation on why she loves him and prove her wrong) I say hopefully. "Besides, Amortentia makes you smell what attracts you. Attraction is only temporary." Sirius nods in agreement.  

We walk into the class and I already see Remus and Sydney looking nervous. Looking at each other, giving each other reassurance that they will smell each other, and just overall being nervous and awkward. Sydney then looks to me, her eyes filled with sympathy towards me. Then gives me a reassuring smile and some awkward finger guns (A/n: Bi-con)

Sirius and I separate and go to our respective seats. But not before Sirius gives me a light peck on the cheek. "It'll be okay I promise." he says with a charming smile, then leaves me to go to my seat. I look over and see Regulus looking distraught. But only for a second before assuming his calm demeanor and looking ahead to the front of the room. 

At that moment Slughorn walks through the door. "Okay. So everyone remembers what we were doing a couple months ago. Yes?" He's met with nods from everyone. "Well, I saved those so we could smell them now!" "I am aware that this is unusual, and I'm doing this because I will record what you smell to see how well you performed doing this task. Then grade that. Say you did it wrong. I would see that by asking you what you smelled and then noting what you said." 

"Now, I will pass around the potions you made and then go around the room asking." 

He then goes around the room handing out carefully labeled potions with the names of the students on them. 

He makes it to us in the back of the room. I can feel my palms get sweatier by the second. I look to the direction of Sydney and Remus and see them smelling it. Then see them ecstatic with joy. They must have smelled each other in it. 

I am interrupted from my thoughts by the sound of the glass potion bottle being placed on the hardwood table. "There you are. I'll make my way to you later." Slughorn says then leaves to the front of the room  to record the students' observations. 

I slowly hold the potion bottle to my nose. 

Then I smell...

Nothing.

Wait. No. No. There is something. 

Old money, Quidditch equipment, a winter breeze. 

The smell I distinctly remember coming from Regulus when ever we were near each other. 

No. I refuse to believe this. Not after I have distracted myself from him for a WEEK. Yet his face has consumed my dreams. My aspects. My life. 

I cannot hide from the inevitable.

But I can run.

Regulus's POV

Y/n seems to be in some sort of trance. I take the potion and put it to my nose.

I smell y/s (A/n: Your shampoo), m/f/c, and...

Is longing considered a smell?

No. It can't be. Not her.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

SHIT!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO GET ATTACHED AGAIN!!! I WAS DOING SO GOOD!!!

Why? Why did it have to be Y/n?

I looks towards Y/n in disbelief but realize she's not there. I catch a glimpse of her leaving (running from) the classroom. I hear Slughorn yelling at her to some back. But by now she's long gone. 

Y/n's POV

I run to the Slytherin common room. 

I am not attracted to Regulus fucking Black.

My friends will be coming into the room soon. Knowing what happened. Comforting me. Distracting me. 

But until then, I have time to cry. Cry about the fact that I love him but I can't have him. I will never be able to have him. 

A/n: Heyyyyyy. I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE!!! I FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT MAKING YOU ALL WAIT!!!

Can we just talk about the 3 THOUSAND READS I HAVE ON THIS BOOK?!?! HOW?!?! WHY!?!? 

Question: What's your Patronus?

Answer: I'm a swan. Because they are elegant and sassy and I can relate to the ugly duckling. 

So I'm doing this thing where I will answer any question you have for me (in my inbox). No matter how mean, weird, or opinionated it is. And I will answer TRUTHFULLY. Any question. At all. I will answer no matter what. 

I love you guys so much!!! Goodbye my lovelies!!!

                                                                                             -Sydney