Silent Battle

Shooting pictures, Shuichi sighed with his black glove wiping away sweat from his forehead. "That should do it..." The memory of the two hugging tightly, bonding as they finally "understood" each other. Saihara frowned and clenched his fist, "I'll get you back for this." The disgusting stench filled his nose as he quickly smirked. Kneeling down to take one last shot of the bloodied corpse, Shuichi smiled in satisfactory. "I don't think Kokichi likes bodies."

"But I think he'd like me better."

It was late at night, and Kokichi had somehow managed to find himself resting in bed beside a certain green-headed. Still awake, despite not being able to sleep, he enjoyed the warmth that the taller male had given him. Rantaro's arms offered a feeling of safety and comfort, and Kokichi loved it. Suddenly, Amami got up as he removed his grasp from the smaller. He pretended to be asleep as Rantaro eyed Kokichi for a while before finally getting up and looking to the desk. Peeking, Ouma realised that he was probably just looking for water. As Amami walked towards the door, he unlocked it an- "S-Shuichi? My, my... pleasure to see you he-" Swiftly cutting him off, he said, "We need to talk." His threatening tone was heard. Shuichi grabbed Rantaro and pulled him outside, "Hey, don't be so loud! You'll wake him up." 

"So shut the damn door then!" The two whispered to each other whilst somehow arguing. Slowly getting up to avoid any sound, Kokichi stepped towards the door and placed his ear onto it as an attempt to listen in. "Hmm, and what brings you here?" Rantaro glared at the detective. Saihara simply narrowed his brows, "I was just checking to see if Kokichi was okay after... Well, leaving you with him." Rolling his eyes, the other replied, "I'm not a danger, you know. Him and I actually made up." Listening even more closely, Kokichi was curious to see what else they would say. "Really? Manipulated him?" Ouma frowned, believing that Saihara misunderstood everything. 'Maybe there was no point in even trusting Shuichi...' He thought to himself, "Well, not entirely." Out of nowhere, Kokichi suddenly felt a pang hit his heart. Upon hearing Amami's words, he bit his lower lip. "Come on. It is competition, Saihara. He was getting too close to you, like you were his protector." Amami wasn't aware of the camera that was hidden behind Sahara's back, he was too focused on getting rid of the male from his sight. "I'm supposed to be his protector, and he's supposed to be mine."  Shuichi remained silent, silently attempting not to snap. "At this rate, I don't think he wants to be any closer to you anymore. He believes that I'm the one for him, not you." The smaller was unaware of the breaking male, Shuichi was trying his hardest to keep it together. "So I suggest you fuck off and forfeit this game." Passing by the male calmly, the other stood dead silent. The detective refused to leave and didn't know how to respond. 

He finally managed to  choke out, "We'll see how this ends for you, Amami." He said to himself. Leaving his spot, the last one who remained was Kokichi before he quickly remembered Rantaro and decided to rush back to the bed. 'It was a good thing I was also using you, Amami... To get out of here.' Kokichi thought to himself, holding back tears of betrayal. Once the bedroom door opened, there he was again. Rantaro. 

He laid back down next to Kokichi and placed him back into his arms, unaware of the already-awoken male.

The next day had rolled by and luckily, Rantaro had to head out for some odd reason. As usual, Kokichi was familiar with the knocks at his door. He could tell who it was just by the way they knocked, whether it was Amami or Saihara. And this time, it was quite obvious it was the detective. "Hey, Kokichi...?" He asked with an innocent tone. This time, Ouma was slightly happy to see him. The male who was actually concerned and worried for the smaller yesterday night, trying to confront Amami for his wrongful actions. Well, only after Amami mentioned it. There's no way he could have known about it if it weren't for Rantaro telling him, except if he was already aware of... No, the guy couldn't have known. He probably only came to the bedroom just to check up on Kokichi, nothing else. He was also gone when it happened, so yeah... "There's something I have to show you." Cocking his head, Kokichi was surprised. "S-Show me?" Nodding, he pulled out the camera from behind his ba- The front door was unlocked, and Saihara held back a gasp. 'Fuck, he's back.' 

Shaking his head, he quickly said, "I-I'll show you later, Kokichi..." Before rushing out as though nothing had happene- "Shuichi Saihara." Turning around, Shuichi eyed down the male with the camera behind his back. But Amami also had something behind his back. "I dare you... Fuck with me, and you'll be my prey." At this point, this stupid lovesick game was getting out of hand. With other people's lives at risk, including the two who had made up the game themselves. Amami revealed a large knife from behind his back before waving it in his face with a smirk. Shuichi showed no sign of a reaction and walked off. "Watch and wait, the tables will surely be turned..." He whispered audibly. Rantaro stood calm, but he still felt slightly shaken. Shrugging it off, he took the knife and followed it to his room to hide it before planning to head back to Kokichi.

The male who still continued to pretend as though he heard nothing of the other night...

As Shuichi slid his back against the bathroom door, he held his head in his hands. Just when he thought that he had Kokichi in his hands...! Just when he thought everything was going well! He was so close, he was so, so clo-

Wait, can't Shuichi just...

Frame Amami for a murder? 

He removed his head from his hands and looked up with a surprised yet relieved expression. Flashes of the dead body, the images of the unknown man resting on his couch with his head slanted backwards. Yet all this time, instead of convincing Kokichi to just be with him... And feeling like he has to do it in a rush of time- He could have just gotten rid of Rantaro and taken Kokichi himself, then he'd have all the time in the world to make Ouma-kun love him!

"Like I said, Rantaro..." Shuichi whispered to himself with a wide smirk, his eyes wide almost hinting to a red glint hiding within them. "Watch and wait, the tables will surely be turned."