Chapter XI

Written by Linh_101
_______________________________________

Today was the big day!

Sunoo's birthday!

Jay had picked up the cake yesterday, just like Heeseung said, and it was safely hidden away in the fridge.

The littles were playing hide and seek as the caregivers supervised. They all knew how Ni-ki, Jungwon, and Sunoo could be, especially when they were together.

Sunoo hadn't wanted a big party for his birthday, but the caregivers couldn't resist surprising him. As Sunghoon and Jay supervised the kids, Heeseung and Jake stayed inside to set up.

"Heeseung hyung, do you think we have enough food for the kids?" Jake asked after successfully blowing up a balloon and tying it securely to a ribbon.

"I'm sure we do. Besides, Jay said he took care of everything."

"The cake is safe, right?"

Heeseung opened the fridge and spotted the pink frosting of the cake.

"It's safe. Calm down, Jake. If you worry anymore, you'll explode."

Jake could barely stand still as he set up the table. Heeseung chuckled. Jake was like a puppy. He naturally had such a good heart and was so energetic and playful. That's what made him such a good caretaker.

"Are you guys done setting up?" Sunghoon asked, peeking his head inside the house.

"I think so," answered Heeseung.

He opened the fridge for Jake as the younger retrieved the cake. It was a simple cake with pink frosting.

Strawberry was Sunoo's favorite.

"Get the kids!" Jake said as Heeseung grabbed candles and placed them on the cake. He lit them carefully.

"Time to come inside, bubs," Sunghoon called. "Jakey needs help." Ni-ki and Jungwon ran as Jay gave Sunoo a piggy back ride.

"Jake hyungie!" the littles chorused. Their voices and laughter managed to fill the caretakers' hearts with overwhelming happiness.

"Oh? Why are the lights off?" Jay playfully wondered aloud as he carefully set Sunoo down. The little went to hold Jungwon and Ni-ki's hands. They all were bouncing up and down with curiousity. "Sunghoon, can you turn the lights back on?"

The younger caretaker did as he was told and the littles gasped loudly.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Sunoo! Happy birthday to you!"

The caretakers sang and clapped as Jungwon and Ni-ki hugged Sunoo tightly. Sunoo had a huge smile on his face as always.

"Come blow out your candles, Sunoo!" Jake encouraged. The younger came forward and closed his eyes before murmuring something and then blowing out the flames.

Everyone cheered.

"Jakey, can we eat the cake?" Sunoo asked sweetly.

"Of course, love! Jay, can you help me?"

Jake placed the cake back onto the counter. Jay got a butter knife from one of the cabinets and began to evenly slice the cake into seven pieces. Sunghoon helped transfer each piece onto its own plate while Heeseung distributed plastic forks.

"Here you go kids!"

As they all ate cake happily, Sunoo got some on his hand. With a mischievous smile, he came out of his littlespace and snuck over to Jay to gave him a hug... and patted frosting onto his cheek. Heeseung saw and tried to hold on his laughter. Jay was speechless. And then... the cake war began.

Jake playfully swiped frosting from his fork and dabbed it onto Sunghoon's nose. The younger did the same with Ni-ki, only on his chin. Ni-ki grabbed a fistful of cake and mashed it onto Heeseung's face, who rubbed frosting off his cheek, only to rub it onto Jungwon's.

The littles were big now and everyone began to try and get cake onto everyone's faces.

The room was filled with squeals of excitement and laughter. They were having so much fun that even when there was no more cake, they remained lying on the floor together.

"Best birthday ever!" Sunoo exclaimed.

__

A/N:

Random explaination!

Before Drunk-Dazed was released, ENHYPEN released the pictures of them covered in frosting which made me think there was going to be a cake fight scene in the music video. There was no cake fight scene... but there was a behind the scenes! So... I created my own cake fight here!

See you guys next time ~ 

- Linh