Chapter XIII

Written by: Linh_101
___________________________________________

It was a couple days after Sunoo's birthday when the maknae line decided to go out for fun. It had taken some convincing for their caretakers, who were all concerned that they would turn little in public. They often forgot that the boys weren't always little and that they were still teenagers.

Today was one of those days when all of the caretakers had work. Heeseung worked at the dance center with Jay. Sunghoon taught at the ice rink nearby, while Jake worked a dog cafe.

Heeseung had dropped Jungwon off at the mall, while Jay picked up Sunoo and Ni-ki to drop them off as well.

The three explored the clothing stores to look at the clothes that suited their own styles. Ni-ki ended up buying a bucket hat. Jungwon and Sunoo bought crew necks.

After a couple hours of walking around, Sunoo got a call from Jay.

"We have to go now, Jungwon," he said, slightly sad. "Do you want to come with us? Jay hyung wouldn't mind dropping you off."

Jungwon shook his head. "It's okay. I can walk. It's not too far. I've done it before with Heeseung hyung."

"Are you sure, hyung?" Ni-ki asked, his voice filled with genuine concern. Jungwon nodded and gave his friends a confident smile.

They walked outside together and waved as they parted. When Sunoo and Ni-ki were gone, Jungwon pulled his hood on. He began walking along the sidewalk.

It wasn't too late, it was only four in the afternoon. He and his friends had been at the mall for about three hours. As he walked, he suddenly felt something tickle his leg. He took out an earbud and looked down to see a small black and white dog. It was sniffing him. Its nose poked Jungwon's ankle. He kneeled down and giggled as the dog came closer and began licking his fingers.

"Hi," he said sweetly, petting the dog on the head. "I'm Jungwon."

It yipped happily in response as its tail wagged.

"It's cold out," the boy said, shrugging off the jacket he wore over his hoodie. 

He gently lifted the dog and placed it onto the jacket and carefully wrapped it safely into the jacket. He stood up, holding the bundle safely in his arms as he continued walking. His eyes met with the dog's every once in awhile, just to make sure it was still safe. Once he got to the house, he grabbed his keys and unlocked the door. He remembered to lock it and then placed the dog onto the floor.

"What do you think?" he asked. He got a yip in response and the dog jumped onto him, licking his face as the boy rubbed the dog's fur.

With a giggle, Jungwon slipped into his little space and began to chase the dog into his playroom.

"Let's pway!"

The duo got more and more excited by the minute. They were having so much fun, they didn't notice when Heeseung came home.

"Jungwon! I'm home!" he called. 

He noticed that Jungwon's phone and keys were on the counter, and that the light in Jungwon's playroom was on and went to check on the boy.

"Wonie?" he called gently, standing outside the door. "Did you slip, baby?"

He heard a yip.

Confused, he opened the door. He was startled when he saw the dog curled up in Jungwon's lap.

"Jungwonie," he said quietly. He pushed down his confusion and focused on the little. "Where did the puppy come from?"

"Puppy was cold!" Jungwon explained. "Wonie brought puppy home! Is Seungie hyung angwy? Was Wonie bad?"