Chp:-1 Sunday Special Beautiful Sleep

NIRAV GOEL

I was sleeping soundly. This is what I love the most about Sundays. All I do is sleep eat and sleep. I was dreaming about taking part in a competition where the person who sleeps soundly for hours together will be the winner. The competition started and I was sleeping, sleeping and sleeping at the same time roaming around in my own sweet La La Land where only party, smarty (me) and beauty were there.

Soon I heard a low annoying noise. It became louder and louder gradually. Finally I woke up and sat and covered my ears before my poor eardrums could break.

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, WHO THE HECK IS TRYING TO ANNOY ME ON A GODDAMN SUNDAY? RIYA IS MARRIED THEN WHO IS IT?" I yelled in frustration.

I won't hesitate to kill the person who ruins my Sunday. I turned to see that my phone was ringing. Every fucking noise seems annoying that disturbs your beauty sleep. I saw the caller id. It was none other than Abeer Bakshi, my best friend. I groaned and answered his call.

"I SWEAR YOU ASSHOLE HAD YOU BEEN HERE IN THE SAME CITY AS MINE I WOULD HAVE COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND WITHOUT HESITATION I WOULD HAVE SHOT YOU DEAD FOR RUINING MY SUNDAY SPECIAL BEAUTY SLEEP YOU IDIOT." I yelled.

Abeer Bakshi, Chaitanya Burman, Ekansh Das, Kabir Raichand and me we're best friends since childhood. We studied in the same school and junior college. After 12th grade I moved to the USA for further studies, Kobs as in Kabir went to Canada but Abeer, Chaitanya and Ekansh settled in Mumbai only.

Chaitanya and Ekansh were one of the renowned and reputed industrialists of India. Abeer came from a wealthy family but chose to work for the Intelligence Bureau and he's really great at his job and is in a very good position. By God's grace we're all successful and blessed with good family, relatives, siblings and friends.

Abeer said, "stop yelling drama queen. Now we all know you're 'The Supermodel' Riya Goel Mehra's brother you don't need to prove that. Beauty sleep huh?" He was laughing. I'm sure he might be smirking. Bastard!

I said, "yaya you're born to annoy me. I was glad like, finally Riya is married now nobody can annoy the hell out of me it's just me, maa, papa and my work, my room that's all but how could I forget that a person named Abeer Bakshi exists. Stop laughing and wipe that smirk off your face and tell why you called so early in the morning."

Abeer said, "Now now can't I just call my best friend, do I need a reason for that?"

I said, "yes you do need a reason as you've bothered to call me on a goddamn Sunday and disturb my sleep."

Abeer said, "gee are you on your period? You seem to be way too annoyed."

I said, "come to the point I'm sleepy. After all Sunday is the only non workaholic day man." I whined. He laughed. Jerk!

Abeer said, "My marriage date is fixed. I'm getting married to my love, Sapna Saluja. 1st to 5th February the functions will be there, it'll all be handled by the event managing company, Slate & Crystal Events. 1st will be cocktail party and pool party, 2nd will be rest day, 3rd will be sangeet day, 4th will be Mehendi and Haldi and 5th is wedding and reception day and then after party of course and finally on 8th we leave on our honeymoon."

Ok, now my sleep went out of the window.

I said, "CONGRATULATIONS BOY. I'm so happy for you dude. Just 3 more weeks to go. Mumbai here I come." He laughed.

He said, "somethings and some people never change."

I said, "I'll be there a week before your wedding."

Abeer said, "dude there's a long weekend upcoming. 25th is Thursday, 26th is Friday and a national holiday, 27th is a Saturday and 28th is a Sunday. We're going for my bachelor party special trip man. You, me, Chaitanya, Ekansh and Kabir. I'm taking y'all to Goa. 25th early morning we'll go and 28th midnight we return."

I said, "okay so I'll be coming around 15th or 16th then. Will work from Mumbai."

Abeer said, "cool you'll be staying with us."

I said, "nope I'll go to our penthouse."

Abeer said, "why you wanna stay there alone man?"

I said, "it'll be convenient for me as my office is close by you know. Penthouse is in Carter Road Bandra and office is in BKC (Bandra Kurla complex) you know. And as it is you'll be having so many guests man so it's ok."

Abeer said, "that's the real fun know bro having people over at your place. Anyways what you say also makes sense but weekends you've to stay over I won't take no for an answer."

I said, "yes sir."

Abeer said, "cool can't wait to see you yaar it's been ages."

I said, "same here bro." We soon hung up.

I got up and freshened up, went to the bathroom did my business and then went downstairs. I saw my parents in the living room.

I said, "good morning my dear maa and papa."

Dad said, "Wow man, you're up early that too on a Sunday."

I said, "it's 10am dad how long were you expecting me to sleep?"

Mom said, "usually you wake up by 1pm so that's why we were surprised beta. What's with the smile?"

I told them about Abeer's phone call.

Dad said, "oh so this is why you're up so early."

I said, "yes."

Dad said, "well I'll send a congratulations message to him and Sushma and Naresh (Abeer's parents)." I nodded.

Mom said, "that's wonderful. Sapna was your classmate know?"

I said, "yes maa."

Dad said, "when are you leaving?"

I said, "on the 15th that's exactly 5 days later."

Dad said, "ok fine. We'll be there by 28th and leave on the 6th."

I said, "perfect."

After the conversation with my parents, I went to eat my breakfast and thought about how to spend the rest of my Sunday. I also texted Kobs saying that we'll leave together to which he agreed.

MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED SOUNDS SUPER FUNNNN............