Chp:-3 Such A Small World

AKANKSHA KAPOOR

As usual, I was in my office and was working. We've to organise one of the biggest weddings in Mumbai. Business tycoons Naresh Bakshi's son Abeer and Prashant Saluja's daughter Sapna will be getting married. Today is 16th January and exactly 16 days later that is on the 1st of Feb all the wedding functions will commence.

Abeer, Sapna and their cousins had come to our office 4 days ago to discuss everything. Chaitanya bhai seems to know Abeer well. He was also here. Ved bhaiya said that they both are friends since childhood.

Ved bhaiya has given me a big responsibility of handling this wedding. I'm the head event planner and manager. I was overwhelmed and overjoyed at the same time. I'm excited and nervous. I've handled many successful events but this is a big one. Ved bhaiya trusts me with this and I won't let him down.

I took a deep sigh and just stretched my arms. Today was really exhausting. I've been working almost non stop since 7 in the morning with just a 15 minutes lunch break and it's 5:30 right now. I didn't even realise how time passed. I've never worked so much what I mean is without breaks. I really am Adi bhaiya's sister. He's a number one workaholic. Even Ved bhaiya is but not like Adi bhaiya.

I heard my phone ring which made me snap out of my thoughts. I checked the caller id and the name made me chuckle. It was Sam aka Sameera who was calling.

Advika Kulkarni and Sameera Das are my best friends. Me and Advika are friends since play school. We studied in the same college till our graduation. Sameera met us in the 11th Grade and we three became inseparable after that. I love the bond that we share.

We all did our BBA that is Bachelor of Business administration from HR college of commerce and economics Mumbai. From 11th grade to final year graduation we spent good time and HR college is quite good.

After graduation I went to IIM Ahmedabad, Advika went to Indian School of business in Hyderabad and Sameera went to Stanford university in California for her MBA. Advika came back to Mumbai and even Sameera did after working there for about 2 years. Sameera is a family person she couldn't stay away from them any longer.

Sameera is bold, beautiful, smart and outgoing whereas me and Advika are quiet and you can say we're introverts yes, that's the right word. Even though the three of us are really close me and Avi are much closer to each other, I share a different kind of bond with her. Childhood friendships are meant to be easygoing, unbreakable and stronger.

I answered her call, "Hey Sam, what's up?"

Sameera chirpily said, "Aku I'm good how about you?"

I said, "good good, wow you sound quite happy what happened?"

Sameera said, "babe I don't need any reason to be happy. I be happy 365 days." I chuckled.

This is the best part about Sameera, she's an optimistic person. Always chirpy and happy 24/7.

Sameera said, "you say babe, you sound super happy tell me tell me what's new? Did any cute guy ask you out?" I could imagine her cheeky smile.

I said, "shut up Sam. It's not that." I told her about the wedding.

Sameera said, "oh my Gosh! I'm so happy for you babe. You're planning Abeer bhai's wedding wow."

I asked, "is he related to you?"

Sameera said, "no silly he's Ekansh bhaiya's childhood buddy. They know each other since childhood. Ekansh bhaiya, Abeer bhaiya, Nirav bhaiya and Chaitanya bhaiya are best friends since childhood. Yes technically we can say he's related to me, he's like family."

I said, "wow such a small world yaar. Ved bhaiya and Chaitanya bhai are college besties and Abeer is Chaitanya bhai's best friend. Aah....too many connections!"

Sameera said, "leave all this aside, let me tell the reason why I called. Aku tell me what is today's date?"

I said, "16th January."

Sameera said, "ok you remember what's special about the day know?"

I said, "uhm....yeah my special meeting with my team and we've to pick up Advika from the airport she's coming back from Seoul and her family members aren't here to pick her up they're out of town. We've to sleepover at her place. What time we've to leave for airport?"

Sameera said, "I'll pick you up from your office, airport is just 5 minutes away from there. I'll text you then you come down."

I said, "okay." We hung up.

I messaged bhaiya about my plan as he had gone out for some meeting. I finished all my work within an hour and then ordered some light snacks and ate. I left as soon as Sam called me and we drove towards the airport to pick up Avi from the airport.

I texted Rekha Taiji and Vamika aka Vami about my stay with Avi and Sam. Soon we reached airport and stood outside the arrival gate waiting for Avi to arrive. We saw her walking towards the arrival gate and we excitedly walked a little closer as we were all seeing each other after so long.

Sam walked faster I couldn't keep up with her pace I mean I tried to but then I collided with something as hard and firm as a wall. I could here heartbeats. Wait! Walls don't have heartbeats. I pulled away only to notice an extremely good looking guy. Good looking will be an understatement.

I have seen him somewhere. Where where?

"Yes you have Akanksha." I heard the guy speak. He was smirking amusingly.

God! Why did I speak out loudly?

I said, "how do you know my name?"

He said, "you've seen me. My sister Riya's best friend Ishi's  elder sister Akanksha right? I know you."

I said, "oh ok Nirav. I'm so sorry. Hello."

He smiled and said, "hello Akanksha."

I asked, "how are you?"

Nirav said, "good what about you?"

I said, "good good I'm here to pick up my best friend."

Nirav said, "oh okay."

I said, "you came down from the USA today for the Bakshi - Singhal wedding?"

Nirav said, "yes. Wait how do you know?"

I told him everything.

He said, "oh so Ved Kapoor is your cousin. Interesting. Looking forward for the wedding."

I said, "even I am really excited and nervous at the same time."

Nirav said, "by the way thanks for knocking some sense inside my sister's head. It's all because of you she's happily married today with the love of her life."

I said, "don't say thanks and all she's like Ishika for me. As an elder sister I did what any sister should've done."

Nirav smiled. I heard Sam yell my name.

I said, "I guess I should leave now."

Nirav said, "yeah me too. Kabir and Abeer might be waiting for me. They went ahead to Starbucks to fetch some coffee. My bag took time to come so here I am."

I said, "bye take care."

He winked and said, "bye Akanksha Kapoor see you around." He walked away leaving me flustered.

I walked towards my friends. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME..........