CHAPTER 2

KENMA'S POV

KUROO:
"Just go talk to her"

Kenma rolled his eye, annoyed that Kuroo was yet again trying to pressure him into talking to you.

KENMA:
"And say what Kuroo, 'hey I saw you here
so much that I started coming more
often just to see you more' no that's creepy"

KUROO:
"You don't have to say it like that but yeah pretty much"

KENMA:
"No"

KUROO:
"What's the worst that can happen?"

KENMA:
"Rejection"

KUROO:
"And then if she rejects you, you don't ever have to see her again, this is the only place you see her, but you can change that," he said wiggling his eyebrow.

Kenma thought about it. It really wouldn't be that hard to never see her again if she did reject me. Wait, what if she doesn't even like guys, oh shit.

KUROO:
"Okay, if you go talk to her, I'll buy you a new mic"

Kenma looked at his friend raising his eyebrow. If he was going to get something out of it, he was going to get more than a mic out of it.

KUROO:
"I'll add a new game chair to the pile"

KENMA:
"I'm considering"

KUROO:
"And a new game of your choice"

KENMA:
"Deal, but if something embarrassing
happens you're Getting me all of it,
AND buying me dinner tonight"

Kuroo nodded and he walked up to her. As soon as she turned around he spilled her fucking drinks on her. Kenma's head whipped around so fast that he almost got whiplash, looking around to see Kuroo running outside the café. That fucking bastard.

The conversation actually went well after that, she was chill and calm. Kenma was still feeling a bit awkward after the drink situation, but the conversation seemed like it was going somewhere.
He offered to buy new drinks for her, and she had said she made her own money. It seemed as though she just said it to see what the reaction would be. After he cleared that up he realized he never introduced himself.

KENMA:
"By the way I'm, Kozume... Kenma. You can call me Kenma"

He hesitated, he didn't know if she would recognize him or not, but it seemed that she didn't know who he was, which meant she wasn't taking interest in him because of money, fame, and media.

Y/N:
"Well, Kozume, when are you going to give me your number."

First. She called him by his last name. Does she have a thing for honorifics? Respect thing, who know? But, she asked for his number. I mean Kenma thought it was going good but damn is he that smooth. For the first time he looked her in the eyes and he could just see her energy draw back. It seems the eye contact made her just as nervous. Kenma found a new-found confidence in the situation he had put himself in.

She was feeding off of his nervous behavior and as soon as he looked at her, she drew back. It was cute, actually.

KENMA:
"Are you gonna give me yours, and maybe a name to go with."