The Alpha Luna

Michelle:

My house is away from the packhouse, which is a good thing. It gives us the opportunity to keep our human guest away from our pack business, at least for now. I am Luna to the Ho'olohe pack.  Well, I was the Luna. Now I'm the Alpha Luna. The death of my mate, the Alpha, is still vivid in my mind, heart, and body but the bond is gone. While I assumed we would make the Beta, Timothy the Alpha,  at least until Bastian was old enough. The pack had already made a choice when the Alpha had died. Maybe even long before that. At the pack meeting where we would decide who would lead the pack. I was chosen. At first, I didn't want it, but it just took me a few seconds to realize I would be the better choice. I properly understood what the vision was with alpha blood already coursing through me. It felt like the most tremendous honour. Like this was what I was meant to do.

We haven't continuously resided here. The roots of this pack are from the Island of Hawaii. That's where the name 'Ho'olohe' comes from. The meaning of it is to listen. We make it our responsibility to listen to the needs of our pack. That's why we are very large as we adopted the smaller packs into ours. Making our pack one of the biggest and strongest. We cover the whole of California and have over 10.000. where wolves.

But now we are in mourning because of the loss of our Alpha, my mate. As a werewolf pack, we need an Alpha. But with the Alpha dead, killed. The whole pack is not only mourning but was also in fear. Not having an Alpha makes the pack seem weak to other packs. It makes us vulnerable to attacks. Now that I am the Alpha Luna, I can feel the worries more intensely of some of my wolves. However, most of them have faith in me, and the concerns have lessened since the ceremony. Thats where I officially accepted the role and receiving blessings from the king and his council. Since I, too, have Alpha blood, and with the original Beta and Gamma by my side, I am sure I can lead the pack. But we need time to get things back on track.

Tonight we will have a pack meeting. It gives us the opportunity to assure everyone of their safety with me as head of the pack, for my son, son of our beloved Alpha as our future. I have to urge them we should cherish and fight for him. Bastian will be the future Alpha, but he is only 6 now. And that is far too young to lead a pack. He doesn't even have his wolf yet. Although that shouldn't be too long now. Alphas tend to have their first shift at a very young age.

I call my new Beta and Gamma to my office. They are the previous alpha's, First and Second in command. I had my own, second and first, who aided in my duties as luna. But I have ordered them, Agnes and Tilly to assume their roles and expanded their responsibilities as I shall now no longer be able to do mine as Luna. So they are now kind of my Luna. Timothy thought it best I would look for a new mate as soon as possible. But Evereaux and I disagreed. So I will not mate again.

This situation can't be forever. Obviously, an Alpha and a Luna have a strong, almost magical connection. It gives the pack powers, making them more substantial, and in return, it makes both the Alpha and Luna stronger. But I can't step down anymore. Not now, and only will I do it for his legacy, our son.

We were powerful together even though we were not fated mates chosen by the moon goddess. In the werewolf world, it is custom to wait for your destined mate. A soulmate that the moon goddess made for you. However, your life will go all wolves have a fated mate. And the moon goddess always finds a way for you to meet your soulmate. Together you will live more potent and more prolonged life. Connected on a deep emotional and spiritual level, you will always need each other and be there for each other. A wolf without a mate has the same life expectancy as that of a human. But with your soulmate, you can live very long.

We were both older when we were introduced to each other by our parents. Both our parents were Luna and Alpha of their on respected packs. I was an only child to the Alpha and Luna from the pack that I'm originally from, and they needed an heir. Being a female wolf, they deemed me unfit to lead a pack by myself, so they made a proposition to this pack. Since the Alpha of this pack had already lost his mate. They were ecstatic to find him looking for a strong female Wolfe, a she-male.

At first, I was against it. I wanted to lead our pack. I was strong enough and wanted my soulmate, and with my soulmate, I thought I would be strong enough. I felt he was waiting for me to find him, but I had to give in to my parent's request after years of searching. The needs of our pack, evidently were far more critical to me.  I had met the Alpha before on a battlefield. He was brave, strong, and fierce, towering over most of the fighters at 6'7. He was large and almost undefeatable. I did manage to make him feel like I was saving him. He looked at me, insulted. That was a lot of fun for me. But, I have to be honest. It was also the start of us.

Finally, I felt I was ready. I let my parents arrange a meeting, a date between us. The Alpha was a very strong and caring man. Listening to my needs and assuring me he would always be respectful. Although my parents agreed on paper, he still took me out on dates. We started as friends, and we told each other our expectations. He thought and made it very important because I gave up on what the moon goddess had planned for me. Eventually, our bond grew, and we did learn to love each other. But I had to force him a little by marking him when he was least expecting it.

We grew closer, and at some point, I felt in my heart that if I would ever sacrifice my soulmate. This man would be the one who was worth doing it for. And so I jumped him during practice. But, of course, he never saw it coming.

He really was my best friend, fated mate or not. I sit in thought, staring out of the window with tears rolling down my face. As both my Beta and Gamma come walking in. I don't bother wiping my tears as I turn around. "We have to 3 things we need to discuss. Where shall we start".