Weirdo's

Michelle:

We've been back for two days, and I haven't decided on how to deal with the situation just yet. My Beta and Alpha are in charge of the basics as I strategize on how we should proceed. If Mod is going to stay here for the entire 5 years. How could we keep her in the dark about us wolves?  Without her knowing what we are, it will surely be impossible. All I can do is hope for the best, give it a hail mary, and pray to the moon goddess that she and Timothy truly are mated. Then she will figure it out soon enough. The mate bond is usually solid. Even when it involves humans. They don't feel the disparity of not having a mate around, and they won't sniff the air like lunatics. But they do feel the pull, and not being together would make her feel distraught nonetheless. I mean, if they are fated, mates.

I have urged all the realtors in California to not offer Mod anything for the time being as I feel I should find her a place. That would give me the opportunity to control the situation more. I also told them not to be too obvious about it. They could still invite her to open houses and such. Just don't offer her anything. And if she still manages to find something, I will buy it instead. It's good she's using my phone and tablet. It is violating her privacy. But I have the safety of this pack to keep in mind. Also, I kind of like her and want her to be safe, so I'll just mettle a little. Like a good friend would, right? I smirk to myself at the thought of that. "Mimi on a mission."

I mind-link the Beta and Gamma to come to my office. I have decided on a temporary plan of action. I won't tell Timothy about the 5-year timeline. I will find a place for Mod to stay. I will push the topic of Mod and Timothy being mated, and I want an elite group of trackers and investigators looking into the murder and death of our Alpha. I also want a statement ready before the beginning of next week. Preparing the wolves on a long-term guest. And I want eyes on mod 24/7.

I make a few notes to make sure I don't forget anything when Evereaux comes walking in. "Good, you're here first. Take a seat". I have decided to keep the time frame classified". Just before I finish my sentence, Timothy comes walking in. "What is classified." Looking at him a promptly decide, "close the door Timothy." He does. However, I don't owe him an explanation I won't tell a lie. Saying something that is, in fact, true but not what I was saying before always seems a good thing in situations like this.  "The whole situation with Mod is classified," and this isn't a lie. Evereaux gaze is very relaxed, not giving away any detail awaiting my moves. I respect that about him. Too many times, men want to cut in and or talk over me. He knows I don't bark. I just bite, so he might be wary of me scolding him. Also, fine with me.

"I don't want anyone to know of her abilities and her possibly being your second chance, mate." Now, Evereaux does chime in. "I don't trust her or this situation. I mean, what would somebody who is not a wolf and not a vampire want with the pack or the land or a dead alpha. What could her motive be". I sigh as I glare at him, frustrated. He's still hung up on the fact that it is not possible. She somehow is not possible, so she must be the enemy. "Do you think she might be something like a witch" Timothy starts. "Maybe she's a good witch," Timothy mumbles. He's talking more to himself than to us. "Really, Timothy, dude, are you brain dead" Evereaux rubs his hands in annoyance. "She is human, a Beta with a human is that what you want." "If she is my mate, then that is what I want. I lost my chances at having my mate the first time. If I have a chance, a second chance. I will take it".

He rubs his face as he stares at his feet. "I don't know what to think or feel. Lately, I've been feeling the attraction getting stronger. Mod's just so kind and strong and beautiful". He groans as he looks up to the sealing. I just keep staring at Timothy's mouth to the floor as Evereaux looks shocked. "Dude, are you saying that she really, really, really might be your second chance, mate. Could she be his second chance mate," he asks me, looking puzzled. "I mean, we've discussed it, but could she really be his," Evereaux clears his throat, "second chance, mate." "Maybe, I don't know really, but maybe. Usually, it would start sooner, I mean like immediately, but maybe the fact that you already had a mate. There was still an inkling, a little hope of mending the bond with your former mate. And Mod obviously just lost her partner a few days ago. So, I mean, if you can think it, then it's possible".

Timothy looks pained as he remembers his mate rejecting him. She had her mind set on being a Luna which she could never be if she had accepted Timothy. She, his destined mate, was the youngest daughter of an alpha, he told us. She rejected him the minute they found out they were mates. Obviously, it is almost impossible to move on from rejection. But him still standing here and maybe having a second chance proves how strong he is. And that the moon goddess blessed him for it. Of course, the mate pull will be strong, but this situation is unique, and therefore the way it will unfold will also be unique.

I look at the map of the pack lands. "You guys are my first and second. This pack wouldn't be this great without you two. But when it comes to emotions, you guys are just ignorant. So let's give the situation a hand. If she really is your second chance, mate, we should maybe change our tactics from taking it slow to pushing the topic a little bit more". I give Timothy an encouraging smile as I pull out my notes.

"If she really is your second chance, mate, it would make things a lot easier. I mean, we are lucky she likes the secluded life, and she's unaware still of what we are. But I'm not sure how long we can keep this up. Especially when rogues roam the borders of my pack." Timothy growls in a heavy low tone that makes the windows shudder. "And if you guys keep behaving like weirdos does not help either." I sigh again and turn towards Timothy. "Well, if she is your second chance mate, this behavior will not attract her." He looks up, looking a little desperate. "Should I go and talk to her? You think I should go talk to her?" Evereaux mimics dogs panting. Timothy growled again and throws a random book at his head. Which Evereaux replies by looking for something. "What are you looking for." "Timothy's balls," he says with a thundering laugh. I chuckle at that, "well, they must be somewhere. I think you should go talk to her, just not now, not like this. Just wait a little while longer, like next week, and take her on a date or something. But, for now, just be helpful".

"I have thought about the temporary strategy, and here are your orders."

"I want a team on the murder of our Alpha. Timothy, that will be your responsibility. Evereaux, I want eyes on Mod at all times. Just not when she's with Timothy. I want a statement before the end of this week on our guest to the pack. And I will find Mod a place to stay." Timothy opens his mouth, but I cut him off by repeating myself. "I will find mod a place to stay." He was probably gone say something stupid like, she can stay with me. And it's not going to happen for now. This is the situation, and this is how we will tackle it.

"Is that clear," "Yes, Alpha Luna," they both say in unison. Does anyone have something to add. "the blue blood pack has contacted us. They want to visit and pay their respects to the new Alpha Luna." "No, not gonna happen. First of all, we will see them at the banquet. So why would they want to come now?. Second of all, what kind of bullshit name is that for a pack. And third but definitely not least, that is a small pack with a bad track record, and I don't trust them". "I agree," Evereaux chuckles, "don't have to be so vile about it, though. I just wanted to let you know that it happened. I will let them know now is not a good time".

"I think this situation is already on edge as it is, and we shouldn't add any extra's to the mix." Timothy is just gazing out the window like a lost little pup. "Leave," I order. They both got up and walked out. There probably were a few more things we needed to discuss still, but I was done with it for today, done with those weirdos.