Timothy

Mod:

The house that Michelle lives in is huge. The property set at the edge of a lake, and it has a huge garden all around. She must be a great mayor if she has this much money. So, of course, I kind of said no when she offered me the whole west wing. It has its own entrance, a kitchen, living room, study, gym, and 3 bedrooms with private bathroom. When she showed me around, she said she wanted me to use this place as if it was my own house. Saying she wouldn't bother me on this side house, estate or mansion would be more fitting of the home. It was the first time I laughed out loud. If anything, I'm bothersome to her. Since I have no place to go, it might make her feel obligated to care for this train wreck of a mother and her child.

Not only had I lost someone dear to me, but she also lost her partner. Both their deaths were connected in a weird unexplainable way. Evereaux made sure I knew and let me know that he did not trust me one bit.  I haven't had a chance to really let the thought of anything wash over me. But this morning, when I woke up, I didn't feel the need to cry. Still very much saddened by it all but not consumed by my emotions anymore. It was the first morning since the accident. I had a chance to really think about what had happened and what I was supposed to do now.

I wake up Addie and take her to the living room, where I feed her. I look around and see that Michelle has set up a little corner for Addie. This all must be from when her son was a baby. When I'm done feeding Addie, I put her in the little playpen and let her explore. "right," I say out loud. First, I'll get started on breakfast. My feet are pushing me towards the kitchen to prepare my breakfast and a little snack for Addie. When I see the coffee machine, my brows furrow. It is a very highly complex machine, and I just decide on a glass of water and dry bread. I find a note from Michelle and remind myself, "don't stay too long."

"I'm on a business trip for a few days. If you need anything, call Timothy. His phone number is saved on the phone I gave you. He will also come by to help you plan the funeral. He is really nice and won't hurt you. If there is anything you want to talk to me about, just call. My number also saved on the phone. See you soon!! Michelle".

The funeral. I plop down on the couch and pull my legs up. I haven't called Ruto's family. But I don't have their phone number. I didn't even have a phone of my own before all of this. I don't like or use any of those things, but now I feel stupid that I was adamant about not having it. Luckily Michelle gave me a Tablet and phone to use.

Come on, Mod, you do know how this stuff works. I sigh as I stop putting of contacting his family. They deserve to know. His mother doesn't really like me. She told me herself she thought her son was too good for me. She loved her son, and in the end, we did kind of got along. But his father was always kind to me. So deciding I want his phone number to reach out to him. Via his cousin on social media, I get his number. I had to set up an account and everything. Obviously, I will delete it later.

0039 564 5678 301, I press the call button, and it rings. "Ciao," a deep and seasoned voice says. "uh, hi. This is Mod". Before he and I can say anything, I just sob and cry and throw up words that don't make any sense. The line goes silent, then a female voice says, "chi è questo"? I take a few deep breaths. And try again, but this time slower. "Hello, this is Mod. There was an accident, Ruto is. He didn't make it". The line stays silent for a little while, and I look at the phone screen. I slump over and hold my head in my hair. "are you there." Then a loud and heartbreaking scream. "Non il mio bambino. non può essere morto". Another voice comes on the phone. I think it's his baby sister. "Mod is that you. The voice is soft, almost a whisper. My voice breaks as I reply. "Yes, Myra?" It was a question, but I have nothing to ask.

Her voice trembles. "What happened? Please tell me." "We were driving down the road and all of a sudden the car flipped it was like an earth quack and when I came to he was already gone. I had to walk 2 days to get help. They couldn't do anything". My voice is determent but fragile. A soft cry follows from her side of the phone. In the background, a lot of commotion is heard. "are you okay" she asks me.