The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball|Part 2

Sam feels the door close behind him as he looks up at Bosco leaning into his microphone.

"Bonjour."

"We wanna buy something," Sam walks up to the register.

"Oui oui, mon-sewer!"

(Y/N) chimes in before Sam could empty his pockets, "You said ten million for the device, right?"

"Oui. Why do you ask?"

"Just checking," (Y/N) says while stifling a grin.

Sam reaches into his inventory for the tokens, "Okay, Stinkypants, here's your ten million," he flattens his hand to divide the one million.

Bosco gives no façade on how much he's disappointed right now, "By the stench of Saint Gainsbourg! These are not American dollars!"

"No, but there are ten million of them!" Max points out.

"Hmm," Bosco glares at the tokens on his table, "Well, ze prizes at Ted E. Bear's can be quite useful. And there is that conspiracy about Ted E. Bear's giving you money for giving back the tokens after a day has passed...I accept!" 

Bosco reaches under his counter, and places down his device, "And in return, I give you the miniature listening device!"

On the counter, a roach skitters around.

"I broke a man for this?" (Y/N) chides with their hand on their side.

" T h i s  i s  a  b u g . "

"Precisement!" Bosco grins as Sam picks up the tiny bug.

Max bares his teeth, "Does this thing really work?"

"'Does this thing really work?'" Max, (Y/N), and Sam widen their eyes at the bug for it's replication of Max's voice word for word.

"That answer your question?" A gruff voice comes out of the roach, "Now listen up, maggots! I am a bug. Drop me in enemy territory, and I will get all the information you need."

(Y/N) glances up to see Bosco smiling like a proud mother at the bug, "You just make sure to pick me up again, and I will repeat every word. Every word!"

(Y/N) tilts their head to the side as Sam lifts his hand with the bug higher, "We'll be putting you into some situations that could be a mite precarious. Are you okay with that?"

"I was in 'nam, boy! You don't wanna know what I've been through. They slaughtered ladybugs. Ladybugs!" Sam shakes his head and Bosco joggles his fist, "And that's not all. I seen 'em kill...larvae. LARVAE!"

Max gasps.

"So yeah, I think I can handle it. I need some shuteye before the mission. Put me in your pocket. In your pocket!-MOVE, MAGGOT!"

"Yes, sir!" Sam shoves the bug in his inventory.

|---|

"Welcome to Ted e. Bear Mafia-free playland and Casino-" Sam immediately skips over to the end of the room, where the guard stands by the back room door.

"Hold it, mugs," The guard holds a hand over the entrance.

"Not 'mugs.' 'Max.'"

"I don't care if it's Teddy Ruxpin. No one gets in without a password."

"Oh, right..." Sam says as if he actually knew the password, "That would be...what, again?"

The guard cracks his knuckles, "Why don't you tell me?"

___

"The password is..."

"Does the carpet match the drapes?"