Stall

Gaege Pov

"My girlfriend broke up with me," Eddie says.

"That isn't much to be crying about. How many girlfriends have you had in your high school career?" I ask. 

"I don't know," he says. "5 or so."

"And I haven't had any. I wouldn't want one anyway," I say.

"Why not?" He asks.

"I play for the other team," I say.

"Ah," he says. "But this time was different because she broke up with me. It's usually me who breaks up with them."

"Well, I wouldn't get too distraught about it. I mean sure, you loved her, but was she really your true love? We have plenty throughout our lives. The rest of your girlfriends weren't the one, so how do you know she was?" I ask.

"You're right. But you've only loved one person," he says.

"My situation is different," I say. "I haven't really ever been noticed by them before, and I have experienced anything to make me fall out of love with them. If anything it's more my body making me love him more or telling me that he'll never love me."

"How do you know that he'll never love you?" Eddie asks.

"Because he's had multiple girlfriends and he's popular and up until a while ago I didn't even know he knew my name," I say.

"Just because he's had girlfriends before doesn't mean he's straight," he says.

"I just really find it pointless at times. But f*ck my heart because it keeps me where I am," I say.

"Why did you end up in the bathroom?" He asks.

"A kid tripped me. In front of everyone," I say. "It happens a lot but sometimes it gets over the top."

"How did you know you ... didn't like girls?" He asks.

"That I was gay? You can say it. I really don't mind," I say. "I really don't know. I realized it in elementary school. That's when my half heart appeared. It's always been half full."

"So you were always teased. Because you weren't popular but you got a heart quickly. But then you were never reciprocated," he says. 

"Yeah," I say. "But you wouldn't know the feeling. You have girls pining for you all the time." And guys.

"Doesn't mean I like it," he says. "Why did you fall in love with this guy?"

"I love his personality. He's sweet and helps people. And he's really easy to talk to. When I can talk to him," I say.

"I don't really see you talking to anyone outside of..." he starts.

"Grant? Yeah, he's my only friend."

"Then when do you talk to him?" He asks.

"I don't know. He'll sometimes come up to me. Not too often though. Even popular people can't talk to outcasts like me," I say.

"You aren't an outcast," he says.

"Then why do you never talk to me?"

"You're usually guarded. And closed off. It's hard to talk to you."

"So me sitting in a bathroom stall makes it easier to talk to me?" I ask. 

"That's not what I meant."

"I'm sitting in a bathroom stall and you're on the outside and other than this, you never talk to me. It seems like that is what you meant," I say.

"I just mean that other than this, you always have your head in a book and you're listening to music. It's hard to talk to you when you're like that," he says.

"I don't usually like people talking to me. They usually just make fun of me," I say.

"I don't think I'll make fun of you," he says.

"I know you won't," I say.

"We should probably go now," he says.

"You can go. I just want to stay here for a bit longer," I say. I don't hear anything from him, so I assume he's left. Then I see him slide his hand under the door. He flips it so his palm is facing upwards. He wiggles his fingers as if trying to tell me something. I pick up my hand and put it in his.

"I hope you feel better," he says.

"Thanks Eddie," I say. I lean my head back against the stall and look up. I feel him squeeze his fingers around mine and I smile. I look down at my heart and it's glowing. I can see why.

Hope you guys liked it! Luv you all! More to come!!!!!!!!