Promise Me

Gaege Pov

When we get to my house, I'm able to breathe. No one is home. The door was locked. Thank God I don't need to have to scold my parents quickly about what not to say to him. I mean I can't hide the fact I have a half heart on my wrist and you can only say "I don't wanna talk about it" so many times until you have to tell them. So they know. That I'm in love with Eddie and how he'll probably never love me back.

"I'm gonna do homework in my room. I'll show you around later. I need to get this done first," I say.

"What homework do you have?" Eddie asks.

"Math. Science. I also need to finish a book for English class," I say.

"Who do you have for English?" Eddie asks.

"Mrs. Cooperton. Why?"

"Oh I don't have her," Eddie says. No shit. I know you're not in that class.

"Yeah I knew that. I know you're in my math class though," I say.

"Really? I've never seen you in it," Eddie says.

"I usually sit and the back and try to work alone as much as possible," I say. "And you have a lot of better people to pay attention to than the boy at the back of the class."

"I see you a lot though," Eddie says.

"Great. I guess I don't blend in as much as I hoped," I deadpan.

"That's because I'm looking for you," Eddie says.

"Stalker much?" I ask.

"You do stand out of the crowd though. How many tattoos do you have?" Eddie asks.

"Oh. Um. Like 5?" I say. "I got my first on my 18th and the rest are random stuff I've wanted to get."

"I think you stand out because of that. You don't see that many people in school with arm sleeves of tattoos," Eddie says.

"And the half heart must not help," I say.

"You know, I want you to promise me something," Eddie says.

"What?" I ask.

"There's 4 months left of school," Eddie says.

"Yeah?"

"Before the end of the year, I want you to tell him. He should at least know," Eddie says.

"No. I can't do that," I say.

"Why not?" Eddie asks.

"He would laugh at me and then hate me more than he lets on," I say.

"What?"

"He'd call me a name and then laugh and shout it out to everyone," I say. I don't really believe that Eddie would do that but it scares me. The fact that he could.

"I'm sure he wouldn't," Eddie says.

"No," I say.

"Well I at least want you to tell me. Whenever you're ready. I won't laugh at you," Eddie says.

"I, uh."

"Please?" Eddie says.

"I'll think about it," the words leave my mouth without my permission and I instantly hate myself.

"I'm sure I can help you," Eddie says.

"I'm sure you could," I mutter and pull out my books.

Hope you guys liked it! Luv you all! More to come!!!!!!!!!!!!