Fast Beating Heart

Eddie Pov

We sit in silence as we work on our homework. Gaege seems to be unconsciously covering up the half heart on his wrist. I want to say something about it, but I don't want him to get really annoyed at me. I stay silent and finish my work. I think I finish mine before Gaege finishes his because he continues to stare down at the paper and books in front of him.

"Need any help?" I ask after a while.

"N-no. I'm fine," Gaege says. 

"You've been on that same problem for a while. Are you sure you don't?" I ask.

"I don't know," Gaege says.

"Here. I'll help you," I say and get up from my spot sitting on his bed. I lean over him and read the problem quickly. "Ok," I say. 

Gaege Pov

I sit there with Eddie leaned over my shoulder. Breathing down my neck. Almost literally. I do know what I'm do with this problem. I was just a bit distracted with the fact that Eddie is in my room. Sitting on my bed. But now I'm even more distracted. I can't focus on a thing he's saying. He's so close to me and the few slight touches I feel on my arms feel like lightning as they shoot up my arm. I try to control my breathing and I take my arms off the desk so he doesn't see how bright the half heart is at this point. I think he finishes what he was saying because he leaves me alone at the desk again. My breathing slowly turns back to normal and I try to concentrate on my homework. I keep checking my clock. Waiting until there's an acceptable time to politely ask him to leave. I've finally realized that I need to finish my work before I can ask him to leave. So I tune him out which is pretty easy because he's now taken to laying down on my bed, scrolling through some sort of social media. I get my work done and then stand up.

"Well, I think my parents are going to be home soon. So you should probably get going," I say. 

"What? You don't want me to meet your parents?" Eddie looks up. Correction, I don't want my parents to meet you.

"No, it's just that they are usually tired when they get home and I have to make dinner so I just want to be alone," I say, trying to not come off as mean. I really need to calm down. My heart is beating out of control and I'm struggling to not stutter every time I speak. 

"Ok, well I'll get going then," Eddie says. Thank God. I thought that would be a hell of a lot harder than that. Eddie leaves my room and I hear the front door close behind him once he leaves. I breathe a sigh of relief. 

"Thank f*cking God he's gone," I say and slump down in my chair. Actually that was all a lie. My parents aren't tired when they get home. My mom usually makes dinner and I have to help. But I couldn't say anything else without sounding really rude. So now I can just rest until my mom gets home.

Hope you guys liked it! Luv you all! More to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!